Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - With Fingernails that Shine like Justice

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Ulric

I may not live to see our glory
But I will gladly join the fight

An icy cold hand of fear clenched his heart the moment his name fell from Israfel’s lips, and for a moment his lungs refused to draw breath. Atreus… that was who had come to tend to young Regis? Nothing could keep the glimmer of panic from his eyes, however brief it may be. Something told him he should turn around and go back to keep vigilant watch over the ruling family, but somethingelse told him that Somnus was more than capable of dealing with his cur of a brother for a little while.

“I see,” he murmured softly beneath his breath, focusing back on the path ahead before he could make a complete and utter fool of himself. Like Israfel, he too didn’t fancy lingering on the topic if they didn’t have to. Later, he could see that red roan bastard out of Delumine – but for now, it was the Warden of Terrastella who captivated his attention.

A grin slowly formulated and tugged back against his dark muzzle as he chortled, nonplussed by her choice of words. “Lucky for you?” He echoed, one brow furrowing and the other arching as he cast his gaze back across her smooth, delicately sculpted visage. Never before had he been paired up with a personality such as hers, and frankly, Ulric wasn’t entirely sure how process her abrasiveness. One thing that was blaringly obvious to him, however, was the fact that he didn’t mind it in the least. He fired back with a harmless quip of his own. “You think you stand a chance?”

Conversation of their pathetically cold, empty beds took a sour turn when the recent tragedies of Novus surfaced, causing that grin falter. With a deep inhale, Ulric heaved a sigh. “Thankfully, we didn’t. Some of our citizens are still recovering from burns and excess smoke inhalation, but that’s the extent of the damage. Aside from the forest, of course.” Even now the scent of acrid smoke still burned his nose despite its absence, but with time he knew it would fade away into naught but a memory. Lifting his gaze to meet Israfel’s own, Ulric offered her a benevolent smile. “It happened so suddenly, there was no time to even consider asking for help. Don’t beat yourself up over it. If I ever have the pleasure of meeting Asterion myself, I’ll be sure to thank him. But… pass it along for me in the meantime, yeah?”

Winding their way ever further down the path, side-by-side, Ulric pursed his lips as he voiced his own concern. “What about Terrastella? I heard the rain didn’t let up for days. Is there anything left? Was everyone lucky enough to get away in time?”

e-cho . huniidue . @tag

@Israfel nose...?

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Fingernails that Shine like Justice - by Ulric - 03-03-2019, 05:33 AM