Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - With Fingernails that Shine like Justice

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Ulric

I may not live to see our glory
But I will gladly join the fight

Ulric struggled to imagine himself in Terrastella’s place. Fire had run rampant and effectively destroyed many of their resources, and he wondered briefly how they would hold out through the winter, but that was a worry for another day. A weeks-long flood, on the other hand… what kind of damage must that have done to the soil? How many souls were lost beneath it and the rest of the debris swept away with it, how many had held out for days until finally succumbing to their exhaustion, their thirst, their pain or sickness? The roan gave a shake of his head and heaved a sigh. “I know it doesn’t bring back your people, but… I’m sorry. If they’re still looking after all this time, I doubt I’d be of much use, but know that I’d be willing to lend my help where I can.”

With talk of Somnus’ worthless brother on top of the loss of innocent lives and destruction of homes, the air around them suddenly felt much heavier than just minutes prior. Disaster and tragedy was simply the nature of life for everyone, he had learned early on, and despite all he had endured it never made it any easier to deal with. Like Israfel said, all they could do was rebuild and look to the future to try and prevent it from happening again. He felt it would always inevitably fail in some way, shape or form, but at least they would be more prepared the next time.

Her jest toward ‘good looking studs’ seemed to snap him from his reverie, stupefied as he finally tore his unfocused gaze from the path back to her, just in time to be flicked in the nose by her tail. He jerked his head inward toward his chest in surprise, and watched like a fool as she pulled ahead of him temptatiously. The words that trailed after her were some of the last he was expecting, and for a moment he wondered if he had heard her incorrectly – but he most certainly had not.

“… Oh?” The Warden piped back up, unaware he had stopped however briefly. Picking his feet up, he started after her again, quickening his pace to catch back up. He was cautious but curious, interested as he pursued. No further words were issued – they were not needed.

e-cho . huniidue . @tag

@Israfel >____>

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Fingernails that Shine like Justice - by Ulric - 03-31-2019, 04:53 AM