Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we'll sing through the day

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

There’s a certain intrigue to the possibility of causing harmless trouble in a foreign land, a sort of delight in the idea of showing off her own strength and the strength of her nation, especially after the recent disasters. Against her pale fur, the war-paint of the Halcyon gleams crimson -- the bold stripes on her wings that denote her rank and settle down around her shoulder in knife-like swirls, the setting sun on her hip, all of it meant to impress upon the foreign nation who she was and what she stood for.

Israfel and Atreus were emissaries of the Court as a whole, but she had been sent as the representative of the Halcyon itself, and she had no desire to let either Marisol or Asterion down.

“I haven’t met him -- I don’t believe I’ve met anyone from Dawn before today,” She’d spent much of her time in Novus within Terrastella, training with the other Halcyon cadets and then reacting to the disasters that had swept across her home -- there had been no time to venture to the other Courts, or even to mingle with the few who came to visit Terrastella. She leaned in with perked ears, however, her grin just as conspiratorial as the other mare. “Sounds like a bit of a fun time. You’ll have to let me know how it goes later.”

Her attention returns momentarily to her drink, the last dregs overly-sweetened by the sugar that had settled in the bottom before she sets the cup carefully back onto the table. The momentary respite is peaceful, yes -- but thereis still much work to be done, both here and in Terrastella, and she knows as well as anyone else there is no time yet for rest.

Even if technically, she’s still within her two week limit for light duty, well --

Asterion didn’t have to know she wasn’t obeying the healers.

“Whenever you’re ready, then.”

credits

@Israfel

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.

Messages In This Thread
we'll sing through the day - by Theodosia - 12-15-2018, 07:28 PM
RE: we'll sing through the day - by Israfel - 12-15-2018, 10:34 PM
RE: we'll sing through the day - by Theodosia - 12-30-2018, 10:34 PM
RE: we'll sing through the day - by Israfel - 01-07-2019, 12:40 AM
RE: we'll sing through the day - by Theodosia - 01-12-2019, 05:50 PM