Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - In this old town, we're tumbling down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE

always one decision away from a totally different life
-- ♕ --

Florentine does not know how hard it is to watch her brother weep until she sees his cheeks begin to glisten. Tears track dark paths down his cheeks but they carve into her heart. Leaving had always been easier before. As a child, leaving, adventuring was all she knew. But now…

Now leaving brings hurt, it brings a temporary loss that might as well be permanent for all it hurts her, for all it rips her heart from her body.

But Florentine was not made for one world, or of one world. She is Time and Magic forged, she is of the Rift and it’s fickle magic. The girl has no world that is truly hers, no lifespan that is her best. She lives so many, over and over, many times and many times.

Did she begin to unravel like this in each world? Did she begin to feel the weight of loss and love begin to root her like gravity a tree? Leaving now means an eternity of quicksand until she returns – but where? Her brother in Novus, her parents in the Rift? Florentine aches for them all, she longs to hold them, but they were not travellers such as she…

Bring me an athousai. And Florentine smiles at Asterion’s request. “Done.” She breathes as he tugs her mane, the petals scattering, the golden strands curling. “I think you would like them very much.” A smile curls her lips, bright and keen, a laugh rippling on her lips.

Ah, but then he asks her when and Flora’s smile fades. It is a setting sun, for once that smile is gone there is only red like a bruise, spilling the blood of this hurt.

“Now.” Florentine says, softly, somberly. “I am returning to Denocte to find Lysander and then we are going…”

The girl takes a breath, deep and aching and, “In fact, I should probably be going.” From her mane she takes a flower, one that has never wilted, one she has had since childhood. She presses it into the snarls of his mane and brushes a kiss across his cheek.

When she turns from him, she cannot see for the tears brimming before her eyes. “I will fly home. Love you, big brother.” And Florentine leaves, knowing it is true, she will return healed, refreshed and whole.

@Asterion
rallidae

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
RE: In this old town, we're tumbling down - by Asterion - 01-01-2019, 11:53 AM
RE: In this old town, we're tumbling down - by Asterion - 01-03-2019, 03:35 PM
RE: In this old town, we're tumbling down - by Asterion - 02-03-2019, 11:48 AM
RE: In this old town, we're tumbling down - by Florentine - 03-07-2019, 10:27 AM
RE: In this old town, we're tumbling down - by Asterion - 03-14-2019, 10:33 AM