Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - flower through disarray

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

I'll be brave when you are frightened
You'll be strong when I am weak in the knees
Eulalie could not find it within herself to be more stern with him, not about his attitude, not about his keeping something like this from her. Not when she looked upon his face and saw the shadow of distress over it. Not when he deflated with his breath and spoken words. She wanted answers, but to see him stand before her so nearly defeated wore away at her resolve. Already there was a softening to the sharpness of her gaze.

A half-brother. Eulalie had struggled enough with her own sister to know that sibling relationships were not made of blood alone, if at all. She yearned to know more, however. The discontent she had witnessed was not born of simple genetics she was sure. Whatever it was that had put such a chasm between Somnus and Atreus was much more than that.

“You’ve never told me about your family much,” Eulalie said, and she thought of all the weight he has always carried on his shoulders, of all the ways he has doubted his ability to be a King and she wondered if this is why. Was it this, this part of his past that she’d never heard, that made him question himself and had filled him with guilt?

The ivory woman looked at the way this burden weighed on him as he averted his gaze and sighed, and her heart ached for him. There was a line between them, binding them together. Maybe not physically, maybe it was not there at all in any capacity, but she felt it all the same. It tugged on her every time she looked at him, every time her beat a little faster at his touch or settled into a content rhythm when he was near. Now, it pulled on her, drawing her close to him.

Eulalie closed the space between them even before he had finished speaking, and she pressed against him, wrapping him in a gentle but firm embrace. In the quiet between them she allowed herself to feel the way his heart beat beneath the blanket of his skin, and she knew, had always known, that this was right. Nothing could change that. “You can tell me, and I will be here with you through it all. You don’t have to carry this alone any longer.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Somnus <3

Messages In This Thread
flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 01-12-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 03:45 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 02-09-2019, 12:09 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-17-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-09-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-11-2019, 08:44 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 09:27 PM