Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - moon, moon, moon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

The moon hangs just above the horizon like a heavy silver fruit. She stirs him from sleep with a light touch, beckons him with gentle kisses. He faithfully moves towards her embrace. Across the hills the court is built into, through the fields that surround, and finally down the cliffside trail that leads to the long, thin stretch of beach. Everyone knows that a full moon requires a body of water to be appreciated properly. All the way he prances and two-steps like a colt trying to impress a filly. If anyone were awake to see, they would either think he was a little cuckoo, or they would recognize him, roll their eyes at the boy and his antics, and go back to sleep.

If it isn't the moon he's courting, it's a pretty stranger or the sun.

He breathes in deeply the cool salt air, lets it whip his mane against his neck. As he walks he looks at the moon coyly, from the corner of his eyes, and begins to croon sweetly to her.

"I have you to myself tonight,"

Mateo's voice is the burnt gold of autumn, the warm spice of mulled wine. His wings unfold as though to better let his song flow through them; they gently move with the hymn as though we was gliding. Mateo loves flying almost more than life itself, but oh- what no one knows is that song is his secret set of wings! Certain the rest of Delumine is asleep, he raises his voice so the moon may hear him over the gently crashing waves.

"So hold me closely, hold me tight,
Wrap me in your silver li-

Just when he thinks he might get a blush out of his pale beau, a quiet splash! interrupts his song. He stops abruptly, peering into the water. Was someone... was someone swimming at this hour? He feels suddenly as though he's swallowed a belly full of ice water as he wonders- did they hear him?? 

He thinks he might vomit.

"H-hello?" His speaking voice has all the honey of his singing voice, but not much of the spice. He sounds young, boyish. Spring, where he once was Fall. He hears the high, nervous pitch in his voice and it makes him cringe. "Is someone there?

The seaside is painted in shades of silver-blue, but if it weren't then perhaps he'd catch a glimpse of rainbow-colored hair.

-  -  -  -  
@Odessa I made the executive decision that this needed to happen, I hope this is okay!
art

Messages In This Thread
moon, moon, moon - by Mateo - 01-22-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: moon, moon, moon - by Odessa - 02-03-2019, 04:43 AM
RE: moon, moon, moon - by Mateo - 02-17-2019, 04:55 PM