Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - moon, moon, moon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mateo

God is here tonight.

He feels it in the quicksilver moonlight on his wings, sees it in the gleam of her iridescent scales. Most of all he hears it in her song, "I can't find sense--" which sends his heart racing "in my reasons to stay--" happily off into the deep dark depths of the sea. Slowly he is able to make out the woman floating closer and closer, belly-up like a seal, and what he mistook for sea kelp is actually a mass of rainbow colored hair.

He shivers, suddenly cold. He then realizes with surprise that the water is up to his knees-- has the tide risen, or did he really walk forward that far? Instead of retreating to the shore he stays where he is and lifts his wings, so they might be spared should a large wave come. (There are few things Mateo hates more than getting his feathers wet) The action makes him look larger and more majestic than he really is, a happy coincidence for the painfully short, keenly self-aware stallion. But self consciousness is quickly the farthest thing from his mind.

Mateo's eyes are wide with captivation as he peers into the water. She comes closer, or he does, or both. Close enough for their eyes to lock, and when they do something hits him in the chest like a tidal wave. He forgets to exhale for one-- two-- three seconds, maybe more? Then his breath comes tumbling out in a sigh that almost sounds like a song in its own right.

"The moon once had a dream..."

He begins to sing, but in the heat of the moment he can't think of a word that rhymes with dream (except cream, but...) so his song fizzles into the night. With another sigh he reaches forward until his muzzle is just above the water. There is salt on his lips, in his nostrils. The wild tangle of hair and scales is mere inches away, but it still feels as though there's a world between them.

"Do you have a name, beautiful one? Or will I only know you as the song that sits closest to my heart?"

He holds his breath as he waits for her answer, and his eyes seem to shift to a mischievous shade of green.
-  -  -  -  
@Odessa <3 loved that song, thank you for sharing!
art

Messages In This Thread
moon, moon, moon - by Mateo - 01-22-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: moon, moon, moon - by Odessa - 02-03-2019, 04:43 AM
RE: moon, moon, moon - by Mateo - 02-17-2019, 04:55 PM