Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Slow Me Down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

She expects to see his face light up with joy, to fall into her embrace like lost lovers do. But he doesn’t do that. He simply looks at her and comes forward. His smile is soft and gentle, but he doesn’t speak to her. She stands there quietly, watching as he comes forward, waiting and hoping that he remembers her.

And then his lips are on her and she stands perfectly still, relishing the feel of him again. She had missed these touches, missed the way he made her skin light on fire. She can feel the love she has for Metaphor rise within her once again and she allows her eyelids to close softly.

But when he whispers into hear ear, she turns her head to lock eyes with him. For the first time, she dips her head into his neck, taking comfort in the feel of his skin against her own. She lingers there for a moment before she speaks, her words soft and full of love. “I am so happy you are here.” There is emotion in her voice, in the way her voice waivers.

She wants to get a better look at him, but there is only so much moonlight to illuminate their bodies. She will have to wait until tomorrow when the sun has risen. And so she leans into him, praying that he will not simply vanish. “Please tell me you are real…” She supposes that anything could happen. He could be a figment of her imagination or a vision sent by the Gods. He feels so real and she wants to believe that he is really here. But there is something holding her back.

She pulls away from him to look him in the eye. He feels and smells real, but she understands how the mind can play cruel tricks on her. She knows that the Gods can be cruel but they can also be giving. Perhaps they had sent him here, to give her a second chance to right her wrongs. Perhaps this was her second chance to love.

@Metaphor

Messages In This Thread
Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 08:06 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-08-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-09-2019, 01:22 PM