Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Slow Me Down

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

Metaphor is astute enough to notice her insecurity, and a part of him feels guilty for her self-doubt.  If only he’d told her more how special she was, how much she deserved the love that he had for her.  He supposed that she would need to find it in herself to believe, but he would continue to remind her of what he saw in her – the strength, the beauty, the woman behind the armor.  All her life, Katniss had been building her walls… and it took his steadfast patience and care toward her, to finally break through to the gentle soul within.  Perhaps this is why he loves her – for she made him work hard for it, and Metaphor hadn’t given up… he would never give up on Katniss.

Love is never a weakness – if anything, it makes you stronger.  I will never leave you, not if the magic rips us apart a thousand times… I’ll always be searching for you, and fighting to return to you.  There had been no one else… not for a long time.  Metaphor had only given his heart once before Katniss, and while his love at the time had been true, it had been little more than a child’s puppy love.  He was far from a child now though, and there was a bond between Katniss and him that couldn’t be severed – not by cruel twists of fate, not by separation.  

Reaching over to nuzzle her shoulder, he offered a reassuring smile.  You’ve told me now, so that’s all that matters.  No regrets – no looking back.   Now, we just move forward from here… together, of course.

He turns to the south, letting her lead him toward the Night Court and following her without question.  If she had made her home among Isra’s courtians, then it was likely a worthy place and cause.  He didn’t wonder if she’d misplaced her trust in them, but instead accepted that it would become his home too.  And it sounded like Isra could use his healing as well… he looked forward to finding out.

As she tells him of the gods, Metaphor simply takes it all in.  In his lifetime, the red stallion had known many gods – some cruel, some kind.  He knew those which meddled constantly into mortals’ lives… but it was a shame that they would be asked to protect one another from the wrath of the gods.  Making a mental note to find out more about Caligo and the others, he simply nodded mutely, letting her end on a note of hope for change.  

I am glad Isra recognizes your talents, and that there are worthy opponents to spar.  I suppose it would be wise of me to trust in his intentions, but naturally, I worry some when you battle.  His smile wanes only slightly, for Metaphor couldn’t bear to see Katniss in pain… even if it was pain which occurred from training.  Still, he knew it was important to stay sharp and keep her skills primed.  He knew that she was a fighter – even when she was in Elysian.  Metaphor would simply have to accept it, and to offer his assistance where he could.  After, I will provide my services for healing.  We’ll patch you up, and I’ll be there, should you need me.

For now though, he wanted to get home.  It was time for the red stallion to rest, at peace once more now that he’d been found in the wilderness.  Let’s go home, Katniss… lead the way?  And he followed her toward the Night Court, hope blossoming within him once more.

m e t a p h o r

MEDIC of the NIGHT COURT

@Katniss
ooc:  lets end this thread for points, and start a new one in night court?  Lmk if you want me to post, or if you’d like to start a new one… maybe an intro to Isra?

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-03-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 05:28 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-04-2019, 08:06 AM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-04-2019, 12:36 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Katniss - 02-08-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: Slow Me Down - by Metaphor - 02-09-2019, 01:22 PM