Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - all the light we cannot see

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

She stares at him, glorious and bright and savage. He knows he might burn within that gaze, but she is in every way the opposite to him. He has the water to douse her flames, he has the cold for freeze the very lava in her veins.

Their souls clash, their souls clamour, the desert resounds with their war. Raum looks upon Rhoswen, within her he sees the girl he once loved, the girl of flowers and sunlight – the girl who was the sun. And the sun turned its back on night.

Would he die to let her live? Would he let the moonlight of his skin fade to gold, just so she might rise? Never.

He holds her, as if his eyes held chains. He keeps every inch of her within his sight, he does not relent.

Yet Rhoswen speaks and her words are vipers in the sand, they are made to hurt and bite. She laces poison in his veins and the very flesh of his lungs pulls tight. A breath, she steals it from him as though she stole little more than a penny.

Anger does not stir within him, it does not rise like a monster out of slumber. No, Raum’s ire explodes, her poison the spark to his gasoline. He moves to her, bloody and wild. Vengeance seethes upon his tongue, it courses through his blood. His ears are crumpled atop his skull , his neck now an advancing serpent. His lips curl leonine, savage.

Yet he laughs. He laughs cruelly, the rumble of his chuckle the sinister grumbling of the earth set to quake. “You think she is weak?” he hisses, vitriolic. “She has your heart Rhoswen, how can she ever be weak?”

And his laugh is gone, the cutting smile with it. “But what will break her heart more? The mother who calls her weak and cared so little for her? Or her father who loved her but had to kill Acton?” Corvid his skull tilts, surveying the fire-girl before him. “I shall let Sabine decide what she will forgive and what she will not.”

From you.

@Rhoswen <3

[Image: x341oLX.png]

You're one microscopic cog

in his catastrophic plan

Messages In This Thread
all the light we cannot see - by Rhoswen - 02-07-2019, 07:42 PM
RE: all the light we cannot see - by Raum - 02-21-2019, 10:27 AM
RE: all the light we cannot see - by Rhoswen - 02-28-2019, 09:08 AM
RE: all the light we cannot see - by Raum - 03-06-2019, 10:26 AM
RE: all the light we cannot see - by Rhoswen - 03-26-2019, 07:18 AM
RE: all the light we cannot see - by Raum - 03-29-2019, 12:01 PM