Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Gospel Truth

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 2
Signos: 10
Inactive Character

The reception that he received from the wandering female was not what he had been expecting, not really. Yeah, he supposed that it kind of sucked to be wandering around the Mors Desert and not know which way was the right way to go, but he definitely didn’t anticipate her to thank Solis for his sudden arrival. That was definitely a new one. Arching a brow, the paint stud tilted his head and regarded her with a curious mahogany stare.

“Uh. Sure.” What the hell was he supposed to say to that? Roshan had never been a particularly religious fellow. Of course he knew that the gods existed. He had seen Solis with his very own eyes charging through Solterra and rounding up the citizens to hunting for magic snow-elk, he knew the god existed… But that didn’t mean he had to worship them. Still, the young thief held his tongue, letting the woman take her time, catch her breath, and form her own speculations.

Eventually the words came, a meager explanation in what he was certain was a much larger picture. She was lost, just as he had presumed. At the mention of water, Roshan shrugged a shoulder, letting the straps of the canteen rub against his skin as the bottle itself bounced a little against his chest. It was only her following choice of words that stopped him from offering it to her then and there.

’Solis has blessed you.’ A single nod from the sweat-streaked, dust-coated woman. ’I hope someday to be so lucky. May I ask…?’

Mahogany eyes stared, his earnest expression growing far more closed off. Oh, his mark had nothing to do with the patron deity of Solterra. Honestly, he didn’t know what it was or what it meant, but the young street rat had carried the brand of the sun on his breast since the day he was born. “You can ask, but I think you’ll be disappointed by the answer. I haven’t been blessed by Solis. I was born with his mark. I couldn’t tell you what it means.” If it meant anything at all. Still… His mother’s dying words rang momentarily in his ears, reminding him to always cover the sun upon his chest. No one could see it.

Oopsies.

Hoping to move the conversation from something potentially unsettling, he made a vague motion towards the canteen he still held. “Here. You can have this. No offense, miss, but you look like you need it.” A bath probably wouldn’t hurt, either, but one step at a time. Twisting his neck enough to grasp the strap in his teeth, he pulled the canteen over his head and opened up the stopper with the assistance of his limited telekinesis. Stepping through the sun-bright sand, Roshan shifted closer and offered out the canteen with his telekinetic ability.

Normally he wasn’t so giving, but he had a soft spot for strays and people who were down on their luck. This woman was no exception to that, even if she was a bit nosy. Ah, well. Maybe she didn’t know any better. Waiting for her to take it, Roshan went on.

“I’m Roshan. This here is Bandit.” He paused and motioned towards the curious ferret-dragon with a flick of a wing. “He found you. So, ah... Where are you heading?”

"Speaking."
credits

@Quill – Sorry for the bit of a wait!

Messages In This Thread
The Gospel Truth - by Quill - 02-20-2019, 09:34 PM
RE: The Gospel Truth - by Roshan - 02-21-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: The Gospel Truth - by Quill - 02-23-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: The Gospel Truth - by Roshan - 02-26-2019, 10:52 PM
RE: The Gospel Truth - by Quill - 03-03-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: The Gospel Truth - by Roshan - 04-01-2019, 06:29 AM