Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Through the dark, through the door

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 3
Signos: 20
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Umbra (Pygmy Dragon)

There was a lot to his story that she didn’t understand. Despite not truly following along, since she did not have all of the details, Runaveig listened to the absolutely best of her ability. Sometimes people just needed someone there to listen, and while she might not be able to right the wrongs that the boy had suffered, perhaps her presence alone would be enough to at least help him a little bit. Tilting her head, the dusk woman remained silent and thoughtful, trying to place names and faces together.

She did not know who this ’Somnus’ was, but that was alright. It did not seem he was the root of the problem. As the boy went on, quivering as though suffering and reliving the very moment which caused his breakdown of turmoil, Runa shifted a little bit closer and shushed him softly. “Shh, now. Shh. You’re quite alright, I promise. Nothing will harm you here, I promise you, dear heart. Umbra and I will keep you safe.”

Still, Pan went on and Runaveig listened. He explained the blood in the water, the death of the horses, perhaps north in Delumine, and how he had been blamed for the murders. She gave a start. Truly? What kind of monster would blame a child for a murder? Indignant rage ignited within her breast and Runaveig chewed on her tongue to conceal her growing ire. Why, if she ever encountered the fool who dare lay such a horrendous crime upon the shoulders of this innocent youth, then she would give them a piece of her mind!

“Shh. I know that you are innocent, dear heart. Whoever said that you weren’t must be terribly selfish or afraid to blame such a horrible thing on a child. There, there. You’re quite alright…” Golden eyes flashed around them as the gypsy looked around, just to ensure that they were alone. There were no hulking monsters looming on the horizon, no betrayer-kings or queen-thieves lurking on the cliffsides. For the time being, it seemed that they were safe, yet Runa wondered how reassuring Pan might find her words.

“There is nothing here that will hurt us. Whatever creature it was, it isn’t here. I’m… So, so sorry you had to go through that, but perhaps things will calm down when the thing responsible is found. Perhaps then, you can return home to your treasures? I’m certain they miss you.” If treasures could miss something. Runa thought that if she was a treasure, she would miss Pan very much.

Clearing her throat, the dusk colored woman shifted a little again from hoof to hoof, breathing in deep. It smelled of sea water and brine, a scent she was used to by now. “... May I lay with you? Would you like to learn a song? Singing has always helped me to calm down when I am scared.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Pan

Messages In This Thread
Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 02-28-2019, 08:52 AM
RE: Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 03-07-2019, 05:20 AM
RE: Through the dark, through the door - by Runaveig - 04-01-2019, 01:17 AM
RE: Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 04-13-2019, 06:37 AM