Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

She steps into the light after finding herself at a dead end, but it is not the light alone that greets her. The woman who stands between her and the crawling city is nearly as blinding as the sun itself. She is not alone, her companion narrows their eyes at her. Noctii has never seen such a creature and she stares at them. The look upon her face is frozen somewhere between apprehension and fascination. She is breathless, and she smiles at the woman who asks if she can help. The absurdity of the question strikes her as funny in these moments. If only she knew where Isra was. A laugh escapes her lips for a moment, it is clear that she finds the question absurd. It is practically stricken across her face. "If only you could." Her voice is light, but it carries the weight of darkness that roots itself in every note her voice delivers. Noctii knows she must tread carefully, she is not in her home domain. She has doubts that any other court looks upon her own favourably. This is just an assumption she has made, but with Isra missing, she can trust no one. Not yet. "I can see your suspicion. You must wonder why I am running through the alleys shrouded in darkness like a common criminal? It's been a while since I've stretched my legs." Noctii offers the words to her innocently. It is not wholly a lie. It is only a half-truth. She has never set foot outside Denocte. Not since her arrival, not since her warm welcome from the former king. For a few fleeting moments, she is stricken with sadness for the friend she has lost.

Another king. The sadness flees, she will not show weakness to a potential enemy. The emotion swirls into a look of fondness, and her face springs to life. "You remind me of someone I once knew. I wonder who they used to be... Does the Dawn court have a library? I am a foreign scholar. I seek knowledge here. To understand the world I now live in." She offers the words to the fierce looking woman. She could almost be a child of Reth. If Noctii squints hard enough, she can almost see Zafries. But this woman has a strange creature, not a falcon. She hopes her fascination with the creature does not come off the wrong way. Her curiosity can be insatiable. "Tell me, what species is your companion? I've never seen any companion like him. No creature ever in my life. They're brilliant!" It was easier to be authentic with these next words. These are the most honest words she has spoken, and she has been doing an awful lot of speaking. Noctii didn't want to admit that she is excited to explore the world around her. To learn. She craves to sate the hunger that rolls through her mind like a great beast. A beast that can be a dear friend, or an unimaginable horror.

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: The next reply will be sooner than three months lol. Thank you for waiting <3
Tags: @Eulalie

And I thought
Maybe we could save ourselves

Messages In This Thread
Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Noctiilucent - 03-01-2019, 07:02 PM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Eulalie - 03-03-2019, 03:26 PM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Noctiilucent - 06-22-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Eulalie - 08-12-2019, 10:26 AM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Noctiilucent - 08-17-2019, 10:01 PM