Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

The woman who has cornered her hardens her features, they stiffen when Noctii laughs. It is hard not to think that her reaction has offended the woman. Her eyes narrow, and the suspicion she feels is etched into every muscle that is hanging in suspense for Noctii to launch an attack. As if she would. The words that flow from her mouth are critical of the darkness and the suspicious way she has conducted herself here. But the shadows are brilliant, and she loves them. Noctii can hardly believe that she loves the moon, nor that she has become a child of Denocte. It is almost enough for her to believe in Caligo. Almost"There is nothing to fear in the darkness. I am a scholar from Denocte. I am sure you can understand my preference for the shadows?" Noctii inquires softly, she is taking care not to cause further offense to her behavior now. "I am not the wolf at your borders. I am not the wolf who closed your walls." Again her voice is soft, but her words are honest. Noctii has not spilled a drop of blood in Novus, not even in self-defense. It is only when Efphion shows her face that she is sure blood will be spilled, or perhaps the one who has taken Isra. Another expression appears on her companions face, it is carved deep into her features. It is a primal emotion that Noctii knows almost as well as her oldest and dearest friend. It dissipates after she has asked about their library.

Noctii refrains from tilting her head in curiosity. The woman almost seemed afraid that she was someone Noctii knew. Perhaps her past was not kind, though perhaps there was someone like her old self in this woman's past. She admits that the Dawn Court may have one of the grandest of libraries in all of Novus. The golden woman's blue eyes light up in response to this information. "Grand? Do you mean a vast collection from all over Novus, or an extensive collection about the Dawn Court? I don't know much about Novus, I am a foreigner in your court for two reasons. I am not native to Novus, and I now live in Denocte." Noctii does not tell the woman about Reth. It is far too dangerous for her now. She knows Effy will not be far from her heels. Her sister promised that she would make her pay for her betrayal of Xamis. Noctii watches when the creature beside her companion stiffens at her interest in him. The suspicion has never quite faded from the woman's frame, and it is still ever-present with her curiosity about the woman's bonded. She calls him Tabbris, and tells Noctii that he is a Gryphon. That he is part Eagle and part Feline. "A Gryphon... Where do they come from? Are there books on them here?... Am I allowed in your library, since I am stuck here for the time being? I came here to learn, and I have spent hours roaming the library of Denocte trying to find something to read in the past few days. I get restless when I am not learning. I must seem like the biggest cliche of a scholar ever..." Her laugh comes quietly this time, and it is at her own expense.

She wonders if she should tell the woman about the wolf Denocte is also facing. If she should explain that her bitter laughter earlier was brought from somewhere deeper than the present moment. Noctii decides it is best to explain herself fully, lest she is hauled into some dungeon for real criminals, and not just someone as eccentric as herself. "I wasn't laughing at you earlier... Denocte has felt the fangs of a wolf too. I laughed because you cannot help me with what I need help with the most. With what Denocte needs help with the most. I laughed because you cannot help me save a dear friend, and  am just as powerless to do it myself."

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: <3
Tags: @Eulalie

And I thought
Maybe we could save ourselves

Messages In This Thread
Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Noctiilucent - 03-01-2019, 07:02 PM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Eulalie - 03-03-2019, 03:26 PM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Noctiilucent - 06-22-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Eulalie - 08-12-2019, 10:26 AM
RE: Smoke Was Pouring Through the Halls - by Noctiilucent - 08-17-2019, 10:01 PM