Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bardic inspiration

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 3
Signos: 20
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Umbra (Pygmy Dragon)

I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

Runaveig understood that her singing could warrant attention. Despite her generalized anxiety, she loved giving a good performance. Despite the fact that this song she had sung had been for her, the lyrics leaving her lips with the intention of simple enjoyment, they could still earn a reaction from the general populace around her. Perhaps that was why, even as she enjoyed the last bits of her sweet oat cake, that a grullo woman set their attentions on her.

A dainty ear flicked towards the overo’s direction at the sound of the other woman’s voice, elegant brows lifting in curiosity. Oh?

“I walked,” Runa stated quite obviously, innocently unaware that the grullo’s statement had been inquired with some semblance of sarcasm, “To sing, I mean. Running in such crowded streets would be terribly unwise.”

Someone could trip. Someone could be knocked into or pushed over and subsequently they could get hurt. That wouldn’t be very nice, would it? A terrible way to end the evening, for sure. Still, the twilight maiden’s pink lips curled into a gentle smile, golden eyes glittering in the moonlight as she stared at the stranger beneath the crystals of her mantle. There was a feral masculinity about this grullo woman, a wildness to her that Runaveig could never hope to replicate. Not that she wanted to, as the entertainer was quite content as she was, but… It must be empowering to be so sure of oneself.

Above her, Umbra inevitably shifted in his glide to instead turn and land upon Runaveig’s lean back, crawling his way up her spine. The pygmy dragon’s piercing, keen yellow-green eyes regarded the grullo mare with a look of scrutinizing curiosity, and she could feel his concern. ’I believe that this one was being sarcastic, dear heart,’ Umbra supplied, which caused Runa’s lips to part in a surprised ‘oh’. Umbra chuckled, the sound a deep, resonating rumble that carried through the market air.

Shifting her hooves upon the earth to try and hide her embarrassment and mounting anxiety, the young entertainer cleared her throat and went on. “I suppose something special did happen, yes. I woke with the dawn. Isn’t that in itself what you might classify as ‘special’ when we couldn’t have woken at all?” Maybe it wasn’t to everyone, but to someone with a fear of death as high as hers, waking to another day was always a precious gift.

"Speaking."
credits

@Morrighan - hello yes, this is Runa and she’s a colossal nerd

Messages In This Thread
bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-01-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-03-2019, 09:53 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-06-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-01-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-22-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 05-04-2019, 08:49 PM