Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bardic inspiration

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 3
Signos: 20
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Umbra (Pygmy Dragon)

I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

Oblivious to the other woman’s ire and general displeasure, as well as her profound sense of sarcasm, Runaveig stood there quite happily with her head tilted just so towards one side. Her smile was open, honest, and earnest, the gems of her golden eyes glittering in the torch and lantern light cast upon the market streets. A breeze sent the cascade of ivory hairs about her pretty face in a wave, but still she did not take her eyes off of the grullo mare.

Around them, the bustle of the Night Markets remained as steady as ever. Citizens of all manner of lifestyle stepped around them, some giving them curious glances before deciding not to get involved and continuing on whatever path lay ahead of them. The murmur of conversation was soft, not too loud to be jarring, but even as they conversed, Umbra kept an eye on things just in case his bond-mate was a little too preoccupied to do it herself.

Instead of speaking, she listened, rapt and with attention. Even though Runa had been born within Denocte, she knew very little of the individuals that lived within the Night Court proper. Growing up with a wandering troupe of wayward gypsies tended to do that, and even then, they had stuck to their mountain passes over the beautiful peaks of the Arma. Runa’s expression changed, her golden eyes darkening but for a moment as her smile gave way to a consternated sort of frown, thoughtful and confused.

“... I suppose I could understand how that would be terribly unpleasant, yes,” the young entertainer murmured softly in acquiescence, “Not to mention confusing. You fell asleep and then ended up here, in Novus?” Runaveig’s tilted her head once more, this time to the left, her pale brows furrowed as she tried to piece the mystery together. “That’s… Very strange. I’ve heard of many things, but never of someone falling asleep and then waking somewhere else.” Abruptly, an idea came to her, and the sunset maiden’s face lit up. Unaware in her desire to help Morrighan understand whatever predicament had befallen her, Runaveig took a dainty step forward. “Oh! Perhaps you sleep walked?”

Umbra let out a little sigh from the woman’s gradient back, knowing that ‘sleep walking’ was certainly not what had brought the other mare to Novus. There was a magic about this place; mysterious and greedy, and sometimes it could do unnatural things simply because it felt like it. Yet he could not extrapolate that to the grullo spotted mare, and so simply stayed quiet to allow his bond-mate to engage her in further conversation.

Runa’s exuberant smile seemed to falter. “Um. I’m sorry. I didn’t even introduce myself, did I? I’m Runaveig, and this is Umbra. It’s wonderful to meet you.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Morrighan - sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-01-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-03-2019, 09:53 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-06-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-01-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-22-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 05-04-2019, 08:49 PM