Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bardic inspiration

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 3
Signos: 20
Night Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Umbra (Pygmy Dragon)

I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

Politely as she could manage, Runaveig minded her tongue and held her growing plethora of questions as Morrighan dove into the tale of her life before her mysterious arrival into Novus. A pale ear flicked forward as she listened intently, nodding every now and again. A great war of her homeland caused a flicker of something to press into the deepest recesses of Runaveig’s memories, but just as quickly as she was aware of the feeling, it was gone. None the wiser as to their similar origins, the dusk colored maiden simply smiled, although it was noticeably more uneasy now knowing the severity of Morrighan’s situation.

“That sounds dreadful,” she agreed, bottom lip jutting out in a momentary troubled look that stole across her pretty face, before it was gone as well, “And very peculiar. Suddenly waking into a strange land must be very disorienting. I’m sorry.” There was no reason for her to apologize, of course. Runa was very aware that this wasn’t her fault, but she had always been the sympathetic sort. Not pity, of course, because as clueless as she could sometimes be, she was very aware that Morrighan did not seem the sort to want or need any form of pity.

The topic was swift to move on, and the young entertainer allowed it to happen. She didn’t wish to dwell, not really, not when the topic of war and loss could be so touchy. No, now was a good time to focus on the present, the now, as opposed to the then.

“Hello, Morrighan.” Learning the grullo mare’s name was just another step to becoming friends, and that was truly what Runa desired over all else. Her heart felt lonely, as though something wasn’t quite right, a piece of the puzzle missing and void, and she had assumed that by meeting others and taking bits of them into her heart, it might feel more full. More happy. Content, almost. ”I’m so very happy to meet you.”

The young woman’s smile turned somewhat bashful at Morrighan’s inquiry and she shrugged a very slender shoulder. “Oh, um. I’ve actually lived in Denocte my entire life! I grew up in the Arma Mountains, with the Farren gypsies. Although I’m a recent addition to the Court, I’ve wandered these lands since the day I was born.” It really wasn’t that impressive. Runaveig had lived a rather normal, mundane life, but she was striving to achieve some kind of greatness, no matter how meager or unassuming it might be.

Casting her golden eyes onto the crowds around them, finally listening back to the din of the general conversations and evening life, the dusk maiden’s smile grew far more tender. This was home. These streets felt familiar to her in a way that she simply couldn’t explain, not with words. Perhaps that was why she so often turned to song when trying to convey how she was feeling.

“I suppose I can understand, but these streets aren’t so bad. I find myself quite enjoying the nightlife, and the performers are unlike any I have seen before. One day, well…” A faint blush colored Runa’s cheeks and she turned her face away, as though truly embarrassed. “... I would love to be a famous bard throughout all of Novus. Is that terribly foolish? I fear that it might be.” It was definitely what her inner demons told her, spitting scathing insults at her when her self-esteem was at its lowest. Was it healthy? Goodness, no, but she was doing her best to overcome it.

Shuffling her hooves from side to side, Runaveig once more focused on Morrighan and smiled from beneath the floral-gemstone veil she wore. A nearby snack tray had caught her attention, and the young entertainer was a sucker for a sweet treat. “Miss Morrighan? Would you care to share a sweet cake with me? Maybe after we could walk the streets. I know some very interesting vendors.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Morrighan

Messages In This Thread
bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-01-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-03-2019, 09:53 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-06-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-01-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-22-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 05-04-2019, 08:49 PM