Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - in memoriam

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 243 — Threads: 27
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

m o i r a
quote line 1
quote line 2

T
hat smile could drop her dead right then and there if there was not a fuming, endless fire burning within; a starving, raging beast hungering for more than just the taste of blood, demanding everything, everything that she could take. His words ignite her even more, make the monster drool and salivate, let it drip down darkened walls splashed in reds from her childhood, blacks from those rooms, greys from the light she left behind and turned to the darkness instead. She lets it feast on the glory of him, lets it imagine the supple taste of dark flesh beneath gnashing teeth and flaying tongue. How she lets it run rampant for all of a moment before he turns.

Silver clashes with gold, smashing against it in a tidal wave of emotion. Three simple words destroy her, bring that tower built so high, so high that should she jump she could have flown, crashing down. Rubble and shambles and debris splayed across her mind. Anger gone up in a puff of smoke, eviscerated with three words.

And then she cries, that sob heaving from her, the keening sound like a newborn fawn strayed too far from its mother coming from her carmine lips. Lips that she tries to valiantly press together, to still the trembling of her chin, the wobbling of tears in her eyes. But a flood, once begun, is harder to leash than a summer squall.

The phoenix rushes forward as though compelled by some other force, rushes forward as a tidal wave of longing and sorrow and aching, rushes forward until she curls into his much larger frame. Bright wings reach forward so carefully, so tentatively, before caution is thrown to the wind just as she tries to throw herself into his unsuspecting arms and she folds her feathers about him. Face curls into the dark man's shoulder, just at the base of his neck, and muffled sobs are so easy to hear. He could kill her and she'd let him splay her body on the hill there beneath the sun and she wouldn't care. Here he was, and he was back and unharmed.

How he's haunted her every moment he was away.

"You promised to teach me to fly," she hiccups in response, body trembling as she tries to crawl closer, as though to move into his very skin until black and red are not two separate things but an amalgamation of both. "You promised and then you left without a word. I thought you'd died, or I'd done something wrong. And I never could fold those stupid paper cranes right! How. Dare. You?" With every last syllable those wings, so feared before, hug him tighter, closer, matching the squeezing of her heart at last. She holds him there, her hostage and her almost-friend, as the sun bathes them both in the color of blood.

@Caine | "speaks" | notes: i did not expect this, not one bit. but i do not regret this, not one bit
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
in memoriam - by Caine - 03-03-2019, 05:07 PM
RE: in memoriam - by Moira - 03-03-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: in memoriam - by Caine - 03-17-2019, 06:52 PM
RE: in memoriam - by Moira - 03-24-2019, 06:05 PM
RE: in memoriam - by Caine - 04-07-2019, 10:44 AM
RE: in memoriam - by Moira - 04-22-2019, 01:16 AM
RE: in memoriam - by Caine - 05-05-2019, 06:57 PM
RE: in memoriam - by Moira - 09-24-2019, 11:26 AM