Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - come home to my heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Bexley Briar is light and she is bleeding upon the sand. He looks to her, with her blood upon his lips. He knows the taste of the crimson liquid that drips from her jaw and tumbles to the desert below. The sand swallows it, staining dark with the sin of Raum’s deeds. Through those dark droplets (like eyes) it watches him. It names him a sinner, a murderer. Yet Raum already knows just what he is. Like he knows that Bexley should have died that day within the cave.

The light dances along her skin. It glitters like tears, it glitters as if shocked by all they have said, all that they have done. She curses him, but already he is unfeeling. Already her blood has turned him numb. He is as cold as metal, as cold as death.

Her curse is a croak, coarse enough to rub like sandpaper. It grates between them and he simply stares at her. He simply regards her as though she is not there. Her words are little more than a whip across his face and already his skin is healing. Oh he is stone, he is numb, his veins are as if full of liquor and gunpowder.

He lifts his chin up, his eyes closing, her blood slips down his throat and there is no revelry in him. There is no monster proud of his attack. He wears her curse like a cross to bear, he feels its nails piercing his skin again and again and again. But as a Messiah was supposed to die, so too is he ready for judgment. Whenever it may come. Until then…

“Get out, Bexley.” He says soft as silk. “Get out of Solterra. You are exiled.” He walks towards her, his blue eyes blazing brighter than the core of any flame. “I wont kill you today.” He spits her blood upon the sand. “But I will, if I ever see you again.”

And he turns. And he is walking away, feeling Acton’s gaze upon him. The Magicican’s ghost knows what the Ghost knows also. Raum does not want to kill Bexley Briar. Not when she is the only one around who grieves as much as him… who understands. But, by the gods, if he sees her again, he will end her.

@Bexley - thank you for one of the most intense threads! <3 your words are absolute magic. i didn't realise how short this was until I posted it. It felt like the fitting end, I hope it is okay o.o; 

[Image: x341oLX.png]

You're one microscopic cog

in his catastrophic plan

Messages In This Thread
come home to my heart - by Bexley - 03-06-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: come home to my heart - by Raum - 03-07-2019, 06:43 AM
RE: come home to my heart - by Bexley - 03-09-2019, 12:20 AM
RE: come home to my heart - by Raum - 03-26-2019, 06:21 AM
RE: come home to my heart - by Bexley - 03-28-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: come home to my heart - by Raum - 03-31-2019, 01:12 PM
RE: come home to my heart - by Bexley - 03-31-2019, 11:10 PM
RE: come home to my heart - by Raum - 04-18-2019, 05:59 AM