Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Kids With Guns

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Anemone

like the holding of hands
like the breaking of glass

S
he turns a corner, the white tip of her wing gliding over the rough stone with a certain familiarity. she has done this a thousand times, walked these halls for miles and miles. she has memorized every hallway and every guard’s patrol, everything needed to navigate without being seen. and yet, she still couldn’t manage getting away unscathed.

pop! pop!

she digs her heels into the floor, stopping short at the chastisement, before stealing a glance upwards at the moon-faced owl. “alba!” she squeaks. “alba, please. anemone should know better than to implore with her father’s bonded. she was, after all, trying to protect the girl from any trouble she would be bound to get herself into. still, the bird sure knew how to ruin some fun.

it doesn’t take long to hear footsteps in the distance. clip, clop. she can see the grumbling outline of the dawn king just down the hall. clip, clop. she know it would only be a matter of time before he found her. clip, clop. she can almost hear the disappointment in each tired step. clip, clop. instead of facing him, as any good princess would, she dives into the darkness of a corner and presses herself flat against the wall in a last-ditch effort to hide.

“and what, pray tell, might you be doing up at this hour?”

at least she has the sense to look sheepish as she emerges from her hiding spot.

“well… i… uhh…” she stammers, “i wanted to pick some flowers for mum.” anyone who did not know the dawn princess could very well would accept it as a genuine answer. she, however, knew her father would see right through it.

she happily skips to his side, forcing herself underneath the crook of his wing (so that they are standing flank to flank, pressed together in a hug) before she hums happily: “do youuuu…. know if the library has some books on growing flowers?” cue the innocent eyelash fluttering.

@Somnus | "speaks" | notes: i'm so sorry for the sudden writing style change, i'm trying to find a groove for her that works
rallidae | art

Messages In This Thread
Kids With Guns - by Anemone - 03-10-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: Kids With Guns - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: Kids With Guns - by Anemone - 03-13-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: Kids With Guns - by Somnus - 03-17-2019, 03:56 AM
RE: Kids With Guns - by Anemone - 04-01-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: Kids With Guns - by Somnus - 04-29-2019, 12:24 AM