Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- i have loved you for a thousand years

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

there is always a home
for you here in my heart

Oh, how time seems to move. How it barrels in like an ocean wave, roaring, rushing, but can move as softly, as gently as a breeze. How it sweeps her up in its grasp—dancing, laughing, running—but then can spin her slowly, brushing past her casually in the street. Time can do so many things. It can heal all wounds physical and spiritual. It can repair things broken; hearts, bridges, hopes. And when time aligns just perfectly, it can bring two souls together on completely different paths and change their lives forever.

Time had done that for Eulalie.

It had brought her Somnus, and with him in her life all the things she has gone through, all the things she will go through, are nothing. They become stepping stones, easy to conquer. No mountains too high, no rivers too wide. In him, in them together, all things are no longer obstacles but just experiences. Together there is nothing that they cannot face off against and defeat. Eulalie’s love for him has always been true, neverending, and recent events have only solidified that.

Time. It indeed gave Somnus to her, and in turn she gave herself to him.

In the time since he had proposed to her, they have been swept up in planning. So much has happened since that early summer day when they stood alone in their rooms and perhaps realized something that their hearts have known all along: that they are meant for each other. That together they are whole.

And together they climb the slopes of the Arma Mountains, together to Veneror they go, with the barely rising sun before them. The night flees before the dawn, stars laying down to bed for the day ahead as the pair goes. Higher, higher, to the peak of the mountains. The altars of the gods almost seemed to beckon them, calling them forth.

The cathedral rises up in front of them, carved out of the mountain. Weathered, solid stone rises over their heads, arching up, up, up. Within lie the long abandoned foundations where the gods statued forms once stood. But still their presences lingered, still the hallowed sanctuary requests of them respect and reverence, and Eulalie obliges. She stands outside its grand entrance and looks at the way the pale early morning sunlight reaches its fingers around its lines and angles.

Then she looks at the man beside her, wreathed in gold and golden light, and cannot help the way her heart jumps, the way it leaps and cries and sings all at once. She smiles, and her eyes are light, shining with the love the fills her and leaves her breathless.

She reaches out for him, brushing her muzzle against his cheek and pressing a soft, gentle kiss there. “Ready?” she asks him, the question floating in the tranquil silence around them. Oh, there will be a formal wedding later this day, with all their friends and loved ones from all across Novus to celebrate with. But this trip to Veneror was only for them and Oriens, and what better time to ask for the god’s blessing but during the dawn.

After a moment’s assurance that Somnus is at her side, Eulalie steps within the walls of the mountain cathedral. Her steps echo off the high vaulted ceilings, like a heartbeat, getting softer and softer the longer it carries on. She walks until she is standing before Orien’s vacant place within the sanctuary. She looks at the pedestal, at the offerings laid at the ground, at his feet, and her smile softens. Her heart prepares itself for this moment, thudding gently in her chest. She can feel it all across her skin, a steady drumbeat.

“Oriens,” her voice is a song, sweet and melodic and chiming in the cool morning air. She looks at Somnus again, and all the words she can ever think to say are there in her eyes. Then, she gently reaches up and unclasps the thin golden necklaces she wears. There is a coolness against her skin where the metal leaves it blank, and she holds them up momentarily before placing them among the other offerings there, “these necklaces represent a turning point in my life. They represent the moment life became new for me, after a difficult time.”

Her heart skips and soars, and her skin shivers with Somnus’ nearness. Oh, she would never get used to the feel of his warmth on her skin, the sound of his breath in her ears. “A life that has brought Somnus to me, the greatest gift that I could ever receive,” she breathes in, filling her lungs with air that is brimming with the smell of him, “I humbly ask you to bless our union, so that we might step into a new life together, as one.” And she steps closer to Somnus so that her side might bush against him, and she waits with a racing, hopeful heart. She finds herself at time's mercy again.

“Speaking.”
credits

@ @Somnus <3

Messages In This Thread
i have loved you for a thousand years - by Eulalie - 03-11-2019, 10:19 PM