Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - YOU.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

FLORENTINE

always one decision away from a totally different life
-- ♕ --

He has so many names for her. Madmax, beebrain… She thinks they may be only a few of many. Through dark, dark eyes Florentine watches Only. The air around him smells no different, but blood spatters his torso and as he moves muscle ripples wet and bright in the sunlight.

She does not hide her intrigue but feels the way he shudders when she touches him. Her lips withdraw from him, again that gaze is searching. Never has he pulled away from her or acted so. Never has anyone shivered as if repulsed by her touch. Was this mockery? Was this a joke? Her lips tip into a small smile, yet how tentative it is! How her breath is a flutter in her chest and in her throat.

He is different, Only always has been, yet there is something even more amiss. It is amiss and yet… familiar. The way he calls her names, the way he smiles but looks at her with hatred and fascination and so many other emotions she cannot put names to them… She dares to believe how different he is each time she finds him.

“You have hunted me before.” The girl says softly as he bandages her wing. The silk is cool and soft and welcoming upon the worried wound. “Each time I see you, you are different, aren’t you?” Oh her words are soft, soft. He is close as he binds her wing and her eyes trail over teeth and bones and blood. He moves differently, he smiles differently. “Should I be afraid of you?” The girl asks curiously, as if she could ever be afraid of this boy. He might be, with Lysander, one of the people she has known the longest. She does not think he would ever hurt her but, is he dangerous?

No longer is she touching him, but he cannot escape her gaze. It studies every inch of him, for where he is different and how. The girl blinks with his final comment. She stares surprised, but a smile is creeping across her lips and laughter is bubbling into her throat. ‘You can keep your bedroom antics to yourself.” But she pauses as the smile slips from her lips, slowly, slowly. There is a part of her that thinks it is no joke at all.

“Winona is where you dropped her. In Tinea Swamp. You will have a job finding her though.”

Florentine goes to turn, moves to lead him to Terrastella but stops and turns back, stepping towards Only once again. A frown darkens her brow as she looks to him. “Tell me why you change…”

@Only
rallidae

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
YOU. - by Only - 03-24-2019, 10:50 PM
RE: YOU. - by Florentine - 03-28-2019, 05:12 AM
RE: YOU. - by Only - 04-14-2019, 09:05 PM
RE: YOU. - by Florentine - 04-17-2019, 11:39 AM
RE: YOU. - by Only - 04-17-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: YOU. - by Florentine - 04-26-2019, 08:06 AM