Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

my name is a war song

Of all the seasons, winter had always been at the bottom of Ulric’s favorite. Oh, it was beautiful the way snow coated the ground and enveloped the land in a glittering, ethereal shimmer, but… that was the only upside. The cold caused his wing to ache a terrible deal where it had been cut away, and every now and then a joint or two would moan in protest every morning when he rose. But the worst of it all were the recurring nightmares which plagued him, vividly replaying in his head over and over again as though it was only yesterday he’d been abandoned on that old, forsaken mountain.

In the wake of one such nightmare, Ulric had risen particularly early that morning to clear his head and remind himself that things were different now. This place called Novus, this family he called Delumine – they were precious to him, something dear to hold onto and protect at any and all costs. Something rare in a world that was oftentimes so cruel and relentless to those that inhabited it.

Having already made it to the furthest reaches of their northern border, Ulric had looped around and was headed back toward the Court proper when a crimson figure standing against a verdant backdrop caught his attention. At first the Warden ponders whether it was a figment of his distracted mind, but with a shake of his head and a more focused look, he knows it isn’t. Whoever it was, Ulric failed to place a name to them, even if they did have a striking similarity to Somnus’ estranged brother. Maybe they were just passing through, unaware of the closure of Delumine’s borders.

“Good morning,” he offers in response to the other roan who, upon closer inspection, was a great deal taller than him. Unperturbed but cautious, Ulric followed up with a strained smile of his own, standing a comfortable distance apart from the stranger. “I’m afraid I’ve never seen your face around here, friend – are you new?” Despite the threat that might still linger somewhere in their forests, the Warden simply wasn’t the type to immediately eject anyone from Delumine, and certainly not so rudely. “The name’s Ulric. Warden to King Somnus.”

@Rouge So sorry for the wait! I'm excited to get to know your lovely boy more <3

"Speaking."

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Rouge - 03-25-2019, 07:16 PM
RE: pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Ulric - 04-15-2019, 06:09 AM
RE: pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Rouge - 04-17-2019, 07:37 PM
RE: pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Ulric - 04-22-2019, 02:25 AM