Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

my name is a war song

It was a relief to see that whoever this man of russet tones at least had manners, and with a genial smile Ulric returned the gesture with a respectful nod of his own masked head. There was a moment of surprise as he, Rouge, began to explain just who he was and his purpose of being here. Through it all the Warden stood and quietly listened, nodding when he felt the need and already coming up with a list of things of which he could use assistance.

“Well,” the roan began with a hearty chuckle, “I hope he only told you the good bits. It’s a pleasure to meet you, though, Rou, and welcome to Delumine. I’m actually just now finishing up a patrol, but it’s quite a ways back to the citadel…” He looked thoughtful, an ear twisting halfway back as he did so, before gesturing south. “Maybe you wouldn’t mind accompanying me on my way back so we can talk, and I could show you a few of the most commonly used routes for patrol?”

His face darkened considerably then, his mind clouding with the dark memories which had plagued him over the past several months – the visit from the Gods, the outrageous fires that had nearly destroyed their home, the other tragedies that had attempted to do the same to every other Court, the blood thirsty beast roaming their land which was still unaccounted for, the petrified, bloodied faces of those it had killed – and Ulric nearly shivered before taking a step forward to begin heading back, hoping Rouge would follow.

“… Thank you,” he stated sincerely, “That means more than you know. Our numbers pale in comparison to the other Courts, but I believe Delumine has more heart than all of them combined.” It wasn’t often Ulric spoke so directly from his own heart, especially to someone he had only just met, and so he wasted no time in switching the subject. “So, tell me a little more about yourself if you don’t mind, Rou. Where are you from? Why go the path of a soldier?”

@Rouge

"Speaking."

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Rouge - 03-25-2019, 07:16 PM
RE: pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Ulric - 04-15-2019, 06:09 AM
RE: pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Rouge - 04-17-2019, 07:37 PM
RE: pyramids of salt | Ulric/Any - by Ulric - 04-22-2019, 02:25 AM