Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - into the unknown

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Grey

i can't undo what i've done
i can't un-sing a song that's been sung

It was the black pegasus youth that had told Grey where he was, after he’d inquired. After the boy had frightened him enough to nearly send him tumbling into the river he’d been walking along. After coming upon a glowing golden pool that had cursed his vision, and the fear that the shadows were coming alive. That night had been long, though not the longest the unicorn had ever experienced. He reserved such titles for the night after his sister had been murdered. And the night he’d almost died.

Grey stands now within the walls of what he has come to know as the Dawn Court. Somehow, through pure luck, after endless days of journeying, he’s managed to find himself in Novus. And the word reminds him of the last time he had seen Amaranthus, when the god had told him to seek Novus, where he would discover his purpose. Still, the unicorn stands here and does not know what he is meant to do. He thinks of Amaranthus and wishes for the warmth of his embrace, but knows that by not trying hard enough Grey is failing him.

He looks up at the bright autumn sun and try as it might, it cannot reach past the cool of his skin, cannot warm his heart. In the light, the frosted crystals on his body sparkle gently but do not melt. He turns away from the sun and instead gazes out over the crowded market streets. It seems the equines of this kingdom are taking advantage of the sunny afternoon. It has been so long since Grey has been among so many others that his skin begins to crawl slightly with the thought of pushing his way through.

He breathes in and his chest aches with a gaping sort of emptiness, and he can only hope that whatever Amaranthus believes is here will fill it. The man’s ghost white eyes close for a second, preparing himself for the onslaught of sensory information he is sure to undergo. When he opens his eyes again, he is gratefully aware of the absence of darkening on the edges of his vision. That, at least, is working in his favor. He takes his first step into the crowd and hopes that perhaps he might come across someone who can again point him in the right direction.

"Speaking."

Grey
credits

@Forseti I hope this is okay!

Messages In This Thread
into the unknown - by Grey - 03-30-2019, 07:40 PM
RE: into the unknown - by Forseti - 04-01-2019, 10:47 PM
RE: into the unknown - by Grey - 04-07-2019, 09:01 AM
RE: into the unknown - by Forseti - 04-22-2019, 09:05 PM
RE: into the unknown - by Grey - 04-26-2019, 02:43 PM