Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - Singing to me 'Glory'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

ULRIC
In the first few moments following his question, the Warden wondered if Israfel might turn and leave. She looked exasperated, like she’d rather be just about anywhere else than here, but the look was only fleeting. His ribs contracted with the heave of a breath.

‘Noble’ may not be the first word that came to mind when some thought of Israfel, but her answer was just that. To leave something in a better condition than one had found it… well, what more could somebody want for? What better legacy was there than that?

“Maybe,” the roan relented after a moment of thought, desperately trying to ignore the gleam of tears in Israfel’s eyes. Oh, how he wished to abolish them for eternity, for the very least a night. “Or… maybe it has happened, and you’ve just refused to see it. We’ll always judge ourselves more harshly than anyone else ever could. I can say with absolute certainty you’ve impacted somebody’s life in a positive manner at some point.” Even if it was only one, it was important, it mattered, it was valid. Just like Israfel.

Inevitably, the question was relinquished to him. Ulric was not and had never been a very secretive man, and even as he delved into the depths of his uncertain heart to retrieve his answer, there wasn’t a note of hesitation carried on his voice. A moment of thought and nothing more as the answer escaped from between his lips. “Hope,” he replied resolutely, “That’s what I would wish for, if everything precious to me were suddenly ripped from my grasp. It’s the only thing stronger than fear. Or so, that’s what my life has taught me so far. Once upon a time… I didn’t have it.” There had been a time where Ulric was certain he’d die, a fact he’d grown comfortable with at too young an age, one he’d yearned for so long ago. “But then, somebody came and showed it to me – a friend. And they saved me.”

he who drinks from the deep water
may he know the depths of the well

@Israfel

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 03-31-2019, 11:42 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-08-2019, 05:13 AM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 04-15-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-28-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 05-06-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 05-13-2019, 01:00 AM