Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - as long as you love me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

“Are you?”

Eulalie’s voice splits the bite of winter air with a crooked smile and a mischievous glint in her dark brown eyes. She stands between him and the Arma Mountains and the bright noon sun shines across her back, though it doesn’t offer her much warmth. The threat of winter is real, and it nips at her skin with a harsh wind as she looks across the Steppe at her husband. Oh, getting him to agree to this spar was a small miracle, but Eulalie had ulterior motives to asking him to fight her.

There is dark change in this world of theirs, and while the ivory woman loves Somnus very much for his heart and his mind, she needs to be sure he can protect himself, though she could never admit her fear to him. Her fear that the things happening in Novus might taken him from her. Imagining anything at all bad happening to him or her children, well… she tries not to think about it, but it is a horribly real possibility that she feels she needs to prepare for. Eulalie would give her life for her family, she just hopes she never will have to.

The wind blows down from the mountains and against her back. Her long golden hair is carefully braided out of the way, and the thick plaits lay heavily against her neck. She looks at Somnus and she thinks of their journey here. She still feels like a newlywed, the way her heart skips a beat every time he is near to her, and the way his verdant eyes upon her make her glow. She thinks her adoration for him will always make her feel like a newlywed, because she can only fall in love with him more and more, again and again, each day.

She could fall into his eyes and get lost in a sea of green, easily and happily. But she stills her racing heart and reminds herself that they are here for a reason. Her husband is a tactician, but is he a warrior? Today, Eulalie intends to discover for herself, through this spar. A shadow falls over her from above and she knows it is Alba. The presence of Somnus’ bonded makes the woman glance behind her. Tabbris had insisted he come of course, for their safety he claimed, even though he knew he likely wouldn’t fight. She’s surprised the gryphon hasn’t fallen asleep yet, lazing in the sun as he is.

Eulalie turns back to Somnus as he speaks, and the way he looks at her warms her far more than the sun ever could. When she smiles again, it is soft and speaks volumes more of the way she feels for him than words alone would be able to. The ivory and gold woman closes her eyes and breathes, once, twice. When she opens her eyes, the spark from earlier is back. She raises her front legs, bending her knees and stomping them back to the ground to ease the chill that has settled in her bones while they have stood there.

“Good luck to you, too, my dearest husband,” she says, and then she launches herself into a run. It feels good to stretch her legs, even though she’s headed on a collision course for the love of her life. She gives no indication of her plans in her eyes, there is only a sparkle of the sun and a warrior’s focus. Until the last moment when she slams on the breaks. The force of her forward momentum turns her body sideways, and her hooves kick up a dust cloud that is pushed toward Somnus by the wind coming down the peak of Veneror.

In the time it takes Eulalie to stop enough to complete the turn her body has already half made itself, the dust is beginning to settle. She can only hope it’s enough to disorient Somnus if her sudden stop wasn’t bewildering enough because then she is rising on her front legs with her back kicking out toward her husband’s chest. There is not adequate power there to hurt him if he has not moved out of the way of her attack. When her hooves touch the ground again Eulalie begins to dart away, out of his reach. “Your move, my love,” she says on the wind playfully; this is not a vicious battle, after all, and she could not bring herself to truly injure him regardless.

"Speaking."
credits

Summary: Eulalie takes a place across the Steppe from Somnus, between himself and the mountains where he faces. She thinks a little bit about life and bad things and reminds herself that this is why she asked him to spar her, even if it's just a friendly battle. She charges at him, but comes to a rather sudden and violent stop, kicking up dust and dirt that she attempts to use as a cover for her attack: a kick to his chest with her back legs, although it is not intended to injure him. Then she tries to dart out of his reach and playfully taunts him.

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: N/A

Response Deadline: 4/9
Tags: OH BOY HERE GOES never written a battle before... @Somnus, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @nestle, @aimless

Messages In This Thread
as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 02:44 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-08-2019, 06:27 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 05-06-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by sid - 05-24-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:09 PM