Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - as long as you love me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

It is a lie to admit that feeling her hooves strike against her husband’s flesh and bone doesn’t make Eulalie’s stomach churn. Even knowing that she pulls back on the force of it, stopping herself from using all of her power, it’s difficult not to feel the beginnings of guilt in her chest. Somnus doesn’t try to move out of her reach, doesn’t take any sort of defensive measures to prevent the blow, and Eulalie can’t be sure if she should be mad at him for taking a hit that could so easily injure him or not. He doesn’t give beneath the force of her attack, however, remaining upright and strong and slowly her guilt turns to something like pride.

As she turns and darts away from him, her playful jest sweeping back on the wind, she hears her husband begin to give chase. With a smirk Eulalie pushes her stride, stretching her neck out as she runs. She doesn’t risk turning back to see where Somnus is, careful of where she puts her hooves on the frozen, broken ground. Even so, she sees the flashing gold of his skin as he nears her side, and it eases her fears of having possibly injured him, to see that he can run. Her pride swells just a little bit more as he keeps pace with her across the Steppe.

Tabbris, who now lays within her line of sight, lifts his head with sudden curiosity. It is the only indication she needs that something is happen that she cannot see, and Eulalie turns to look back toward her right flank. Somnus reaches his head out toward her hip, and she sees the sun flash off his exposed teeth. It’s too late for her to move away from the bite, and she would not risk kicking out at him for fear of injuring his leg or making him stumble and fall on the uneven ground.

The few seconds it takes for his teeth to find purchase on her skin feel like minutes. Her eyes widen in surprise and then narrow at the stinging sensation that lashes outward from the bite. And when Somnus comes to a tripping halt, laughter billowing out of him, his green eyes shining the way she loves seeing them do, Eulalie almost stops too. She wants to stop and laugh with him, to go to him and wrap him tightly in a hug and tell him she loves him with all of her heart. She wants to stop and rejoice with him of the pounding of their hearts, but she reminds herself yet again that they are here for a reason. That she asked him here for a reason.

So even though Eulalie wants to stop with him, she does not. Instead she turns toward him, circling around his right side at a few feet’s distance. As she circles Somnus, she can still feel the sting of where his teeth has bit down on her hip. It might bleed, she thinks, but the woman ignores it in favor of planning her next attack. Her earth brown eyes trail along her husband’s gilded form, searching for weaknesses. Were this a true fight, were he an enemy, she might go for his wings or his legs. Precious appendages that, if seriously injured, could turn the tide in her favor. But there is no tide here today not really.

There is only Eulalie, who circles closer and closer to Somnus as though he were her earth, her home, and she the sun being pulled in by his gravity. She orbits him twice, tightens her jaw, narrows her eyes and makes her decision. That mischievous look turns up the corner of her lips again.

In a moment she is closing the short distance between them again, striding over the few feet she has left between them in her circling. She rushes his left hip and once she’s within striking range she rises onto her back legs. Her front hooves swing out, though she aims the blunt bottoms as opposed to the sharp edges, for his hip and thigh. Places with plenty of muscle between flesh and bone, so that her blows will not impair him. Eulalie strikes out and stays close, knowing that without much room to maneuver any counter attack he may have will play poorly in this close space.

"Speaking."
credits

Summary: By the time Eulalie realizes Somnus' intended attack, it is too late for her to escape his reach and he successfully bites down on her hip. Instead of stopping when he does, she begins to circle him, ignoring checking the wound in favor of continuing the battle. She assumes it isn't bad, but can feel its sting and thinks it might bleed. She circles Somnus twice, slowly encroaching on him, before charging his left flank. Once close enough, Eulalie rears and strikes out at his hip and thigh area with the undersides of her front hooves so that she won't cut him. She stays close, knowing any attack he might make will have less power as such close quarters.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: N/A

Response Deadline: 4/14
Tags: @Somnus, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @nestle, @aimless

Messages In This Thread
as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 02:44 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-08-2019, 06:27 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM