Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - as long as you love me

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

The surprise she feels when Somnus does not try to avoid her attack at all leaves a strange sort of feeling in her chest. She knows she will hit him before she does, and feels very little joy in her accomplishment. He is making himself too easy a target, and she doesn't know why, but she knows if this were a real fight he couldn't get away with simply taking every hit that is thrown at him.

Is he doing it simply because he knows she will not hurt him seriously? Her brows knit closely together in consideration as the flat of her hooves strike against his hip, suddenly wondering if he isn't taking this very seriously. There is too much unrest in Novus right now for games, and although she would give her own life to protect her husband and her children, she wants to know that he can at least hold his own.

It's within the next moment that she realizes she is wrong.

Eulalie is too distracted by her thoughts to see the shift in Somnus' weight, almost misses the moment the grin flashes across his lips. She is part way to the ground, back legs splayed to hold her upright weight but she quickly attempts to rebalance herself; knowing what is coming even as his shoulder butts up against the space between her chest and left shoulder.

The boned protrusion of his wings pushes against some tendon or nerve there, and needles spread down the length of her left leg as though she'd laid upon it for too long. Somnus' momentum throws her, half-rear and all, backwards. For seconds that seem to stretch into minutes in Eulalie's mind, she rocks haphazardly in the air, her body threatening to fall to the hard packed earth below.

Her front hooves swing almost desperately, as if grasping at air, as though she could grab it and right herself. By some miracle the ivory woman's weight shifts frontward and her hooves come crashing down to earth. She thinks she's safe until her left gives, still buzzing and tingling, and causes her to stumble. "Woah," the exclamation leaves her lips without thought as she practically falls against Somnus.

Then, she begins to laugh. The sound is clear is bright as the sun and the sky above them. "Sorry, sorry," Eulalie apologizes when she catches her breath and manages to push herself upright, in case he'd had to catch her weight. Eulalie feels better after it all, about her husband's capabilities, and the slightly awkward way she stands on her left leg proves it, though the numbness is fading slowly. Nothing compares, however, to the feeling of standing so closely to Somnus.

Her earth brown eyes gleam as she looks at him. "I can't help but fall when I'm with you, I guess," the words are paired with a curling, playful smile, though adrenaline still pumps through Eulalie's veins and she's not quite ready to stand still yet.  She trots a few steps away, testing her leg, and turns to look back at Somnus over her shoulder. "What do you say we find somewhere private on our way home..?" Her gaze sparkles suggestively—she could think of many more things to do when she's with him, too.

"Speaking."
credits

Summary: Eulalie is distracted when Somnus makes his move to push her off balance. The bones of his shoulder/wing hit just between her chest and left shoulder, on a nerve, which makes her left leg go somewhat numb. Because she was unable to move in time, the shove forces her backwards and she sways in the air for a bit, worried she might fall, before righting herself. When she lands, she stumbles on her left leg and toward Somnus.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: N/A

Response Deadline: None, I believe it's ready to be judged?
Tags: @Somnus, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @nestle, @aimless

The ever wonderful Sprow allowed me this extension <3

Messages In This Thread
as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 02:44 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 04-08-2019, 06:27 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by Somnus - 05-06-2019, 03:28 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by Eulalie - 05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
RE: as long as you love me - by sid - 05-24-2019, 01:38 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:03 PM
RE: as long as you love me - by aimless - 06-02-2019, 06:09 PM