Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Magnificent

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

Florentine has no idea what is going on. There is a flurry, as her coins skitter across the table, suddenly dice are rolling after it followed by a gasp, a few nods and a few secret smiles and then everyone pauses and looks to Flora.

….

“Have I won?” She asks, quite bemused, her gaze skipping from piece to piece upon the table. There are a few nervous laughs and head shakes. “Uh.” The dealer laughs awkwardly. “No, my Lady.” He says softly, respectfully. Maybe he remembers she had once been a queen, or maybe he just simply was this polite with everyone, no matter their utter inexperience with gambling…

“Oh.” She whispers, though there was no need for Flora to even say anything for her gilded lips had already formed a perfect ‘o’. 

“You need to place another bet.” Her eyebrows lift, surprised at how swiftly the game seemed to be moving. Yet, still willing to embrace the idea of gambling a little tighter (one only experiences things truly when they give it a really good go, right?), Florentine places a handful more gold coins upon the table.

There is another flurry of activity, the dice roll again, followed this time by more oohs and ahhs but a spattering of applause too.  Suddenly a small mound of coins get pushed Florentine’s way - bigger she was quite pleased to see, than the coins she had put down before.

“You have won this time.” The dealer says gently a smile curving along his lips. Although really, it was quite clear, even to Florentine that she had one this time. “Thank you.” She hums a radiant smile curling her lips. She feels the eyes of dealer on her a moment more and peers up, his smile grows. “Oh no,” Flora says quite lightly, amicably. “I have a boyfriend.” Then her eyes are back upon the table and her coins.

A shadow drifts over them and Florentine’s gaze is drawn away from the stuttering dealer, “I- I -didn’t… We- We’re not allow-“ But already Florentine is peering at the girl stood beside her. There is a tray between them, a mix of empty and full champagne glasses upon it. “Oooh,” the Dusk girl hums, ‘Can I have one?”

From the tray she plucks a flute and takes a delicate sip, tasting the burn and the fizz along her lips and tongue. “Thank you,” She smiles at the girl, drinking in her emerald eyes. Oh how her stomach twinges and flutters for her god of forests and revelry. The distance between them pulls tight and Flora’s breath trembles in her lungs. Yet she smooths it seamlessly away, as a queen would have done. Such good lessons she learned when she bore the weight of her Court.

The girl beside her it snow white and rose gold. Florentine leans in, her voice lowering as she whispers toward the girl. “Do you have any idea what is going on?” Her eyes trail down her neck, skipping over each sharp point that rises bright and fierce from her crest. Florentine’s gaze settles upon the blue silk scarf. “By the way, your scarf has a hole in it – did you know?”

@Aghavni sorry for the rapid reply - I was doing Flora posts today xDD
florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
Magnificent - by Florentine - 04-03-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: Magnificent - by Aghavni - 04-17-2019, 01:42 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Florentine - 04-17-2019, 08:36 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Aghavni - 04-26-2019, 12:26 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Florentine - 05-26-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Aghavni - 07-27-2019, 09:23 PM