Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Magnificent

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

As the day wanes the Scarab only grows more vibrant. It glitters with all that is gold and full of diamonds. The world becomes more lavish here, it chimes in glass and the bubble of laughter. It glimmers as champagne pours, more liquid gold than the Dusk girl who leans upon the Scarab table and watches the dice roll and skip across its velvet surface.

Chance whispers its way across the table. Its tongue made of black dots, its teeth the ivory of each white dice. What did fate hold for this once-queen? It would be so easy to slip into the future, to see what would come of each dice roll, but even if she wanted to, Florentine has no dagger with which to cut her way from one timeline into another.

Slowly she turns her amethyst gaze away from the server who blushes deepest merlot. Her gaze settles once more upon the girl beside her. She lingers over Aghavni’s mahogany skin, over her emerald gaze and for a moment her heart twists. For a moment she is within the deepest desert, too hot beneath a brilliant sun and lost in a tyrant’s war. Where was Lysander now? Was he alive? Would her dagger return him safe? Or would if bear his blood once again?

Oh terror burrows deep, deep into her veins. It sets her rabbit heart running and her breath is a flutter as she drinks in air and then steels herself with glowing, iron ore smile.

“Ah, then you had better teach it to restrain itself.” The corner of her lips tip up, up into a smile of stars and liquor. “I was wondering if it might have been one of those sharp pins you wear.” Florentine says, her eyes wide, wide – amethyst lined with darkest khol. “They are beautiful but seem primed for ripping silk. Or at least they would with me.” And she wonders what it is to be the kind of girl who might wear the sharpest, most beautiful jewelry such as this.

Florentine tears her gaze from the delicate curves of this Scarab girl and places it back upon the table with its waiting dice.  “Double bet you say?” With a nod of her fine head and a wicked curve upon her lips, Florentine doubles her bet and lets the dice roll where they might. “My name is Florentine.” She says lightly to the girl beside her. “How have you come to be here and know so much about gambling?”

@Aghavni <3
florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
Magnificent - by Florentine - 04-03-2019, 03:15 PM
RE: Magnificent - by Aghavni - 04-17-2019, 01:42 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Florentine - 04-17-2019, 08:36 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Aghavni - 04-26-2019, 12:26 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Florentine - 05-26-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Magnificent - by Aghavni - 07-27-2019, 09:23 PM