Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - When you get bored of your mind, come and find me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mesnyi
I accept the fallibility of language,
its spastic elasticity,

T
he more this went on the more she liked him. Where his nerves had softened the bravado of a flirtatious young man, now it made him seem harmless and sweet. He wasn’t so bad, really, even as he took great care to clarify the nature of his Benevolence or un-Benevolence. This was good, she thought; perhaps they could engage in further merriment and storytelling, something she had missed since her caravan departed. (Well…the merriment was present, but there was no party like a Benevolent party.) Mesnyi smiled and dipped her head, awaiting his judgements.

You are a Benevolent.

Your name is Jasmine.

And you have not been in love thirty three times.

He bites his lip, then, the apprehension apparent. Not so confident in your guesses, then? she thought, but there was little reason for him not to be. He had done well.

”I am a Benevolent, yes, and I have a feeling you are more Benevolent than you think you are.” She paused. ”My name is not Jasmine, it is Mesnyi. The lie predated the game but it was a lie nonetheless.” (Just a girl having her fun, you see.) ”And…you are correct. I have been in love but once.” Her smile then was soft and a little sad, not quite as shallow as all the others. 

”I suppose we ought to get on with our day, but…if you would like to know more about our people, you may always seek me out. The others in my caravan have since departed but perhaps I would know something of his father. And - might I ask - what name is your work published under? I should like to read it.” She was certainly not the only one to use a false name now and then. 

After his answer, she would then depart for some other nonsense to get up to. ”Farewell, Mateo. May we meet again soon.”

@Mateo | Onomatomania | "speaks" | notes: ☽☼☾
rallidae

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
When you get bored of your mind, come and find me - by Mateo - 04-04-2019, 08:29 PM
RE: When you get bored of your mind, come and find me - by Mesnyi - 01-22-2020, 05:34 PM