Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ☆ the eye of the storm

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kansassy [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,595
Inactive Character

Breathe... I thought, and simultaneously came to the realization that I could think again. Although it came more like a slow unwinding, images and memories creeping in like shadows from the corners. Cannot breathe, came the thought once more, except this time I could feel it, constricting against my throat with the force that a boa might its prey. I could not breathe. My eyelids snapped open, body convulsing in a panic. A bizarre sensation had its grip upon me. I could feel my limbs, the rise and fall of my lungs as I drew in air [fresh air] and still I could not breathe. Yet, I was breathing. Confusion rocked the already tentative frame of my mind and the only thing that made sense was to escape. It was the one thing I could fathom clearly in that moment and the one thing that the whole of me seemed to agree upon.

I did not suffocate, even as I scrambled weakly to my feet, tottering like a newborn. Whereas the rest of my senses returned with gusto, my sense of balance was taking its sweet time. It was so bright, the sun was blinding and I blinked rapidly in an attempt to assuage the burning. When I was confident I could see without being blind-sided, I opened my eyes slowly, and gasped. The lay of the land before me was unlike anything I had ever seen before. Only between the pages of a book had I read about the bone-white sands of the Clementine beaches, its fabled beauty even more so than mere words could describe. It was bordered by a wall of impenetrable rock, dark and unforgiving as it stood guard over the vast Artegrade Sea.

"Illu". The sound of my name on strange lips nearly sent me flying over the edge. That one syllable, I felt, did more damage just then than the entirety of my experiences up to this moment. For it was the truth. It confirmed that all of the chaos, blood, and gore was real, had been real. Not merely a figment of my imagination, a bad dream that had a particularly hard grip. It told me that this place, this stunning beach and lovely cerulean waves could not possibly be those of Clementine beach, because nobody entered The Storm, and came home. "Illu come, I do not have much time so I need you to listen." The Runamere, the pegasus who brought me to this place, this world? Spoke with such a gentleness that it was hard to believe it was his own voice. For such a monstrously huge creature. No... not a creature, Racthan. I remembered then as I turned frightened eyes upon him. Racthan, the emissary sent to retrieve me by my Mother. It was not uncommon for ranked Houses to have their own Runamere employed, however I think I would have noticed if ours did. It did not. There was no time to question him though as he came to me, carrying in his jaws what looked like a slip of leather.

I could hardly believe it as he lowered his massive head to my level to drape what could only be my Birthsake across my slim shoulders. A small, yet sturdy satchel hand crafted by my Mother to be given to me upon the day of my birth. The creamy leather nearly glowed beneath this worlds sun, recently cleaned and waxed from the looks of it. However I specifically recall this particular item being shoved into a cupboard somewhere, covered in dust and dirt from a lifetime of use. Yet here it was, tangible and weirdly weighted down. With a curious glance at the pegasus I flipped open the top to discover- a flashlight? No, not a flashlight, I determined as I brought it from the velvety insides of the satchel. Without a ruler I could hardly say exactly how long it was, but I would guess it was roughly seven inches, and fairly thick in diameter. The metal-or so I assume it is metal-was startlingly cold to the touch, making me wrinkle my nose. Strange inscriptions had been engraved into its entire body, but they were unlike anything I had ever read, a foreign language that meant nothing to me. But it was beautiful all the same. Veins of blue could be seen as the sunlight glinted off the surface, highlighted like hidden secrets within the dark broam grey. I rose my head to speak, to ask if he knew what it was, but a sound caught my attention. It sounded suspiciously like footsteps, clattering against stone and sinking into sand. Yet Racthan or I had yet to move. Quickly I secreted the object back into my satchel, roping the flap shut, and turning to see what it was that came to us.

ooc; @Isra I hope this is okay? First post!! 

Messages In This Thread
☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-07-2019, 01:01 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 04-08-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-11-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 04-13-2019, 12:38 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-17-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 04-21-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Illu - 04-27-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: ☆ the eye of the storm - by Isra - 05-02-2019, 10:53 PM