Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- use the HONORIFIC

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm surprised to hear that the sphinx is not going to test me. Isn't that what they do? They appear to ask questions, riddles... and yet this one seems so casual in her continuing smile. Perhaps that unsettles me more than anything else. I doubt her sincerity, feeling that there is some trick behind this all and that I'm going to be shocked, led into a trap. Of course, it turns out I'm right. Five wolverines appear from the darkness, though how they got into the maze is beyond me. (How the hell did a sphinx get into the maze?) Their laughing, then growling... they pad around me, just beyond tiptoeing, canines snapping at my fetlocks. I stomp a striped hoof in warning, snorting at the beasts. Though there is not so much as fear coursing through me as general apprehension. I dare a glance back at the sphinx, who shows no indication of what I should do, what comes next - the purpose of the wolverines. I pin my ears back and swing my horned skull at one that dares to get too close.

"I am not afraid." I'd put that at about 80% true. I've never had wolverines gang up on me before. If I am afraid, I'm doing a very good job of convincing myself that I'm not. I growl at the beasts, then back at the sphinx. "So is this to the death then? Me, or them? I won't go down without a fight." A hind leg shoots out at another that thinks to sneak up on me from behind and I squeal (a manly squeal) in protest.

WC: 271
Tag: @

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-04-2017, 05:15 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 07-09-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-11-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 07-20-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Rostislav - 07-20-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: use the HONORIFIC - by Random Events - 08-03-2017, 07:14 PM