Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a silent, faulty feeling

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Heart beating fast like a quick little S.O.S.
Tell me you heard it and you can come handle this

There was a shuffle somewhere behind him followed immediately by the sound of something heavy hitting the ground, and Erd paused mid-step. He swung about in a cascade of taupe hair, ears forward and mouth parted in surprise. What in the world? In response to the sudden sound, his wings fanned out, feathers spreading as though a startled avian preparing to take flight. Was it trouble? Was it danger? Instincts kicked in, hot and quick like coals coursing through his blood, muscles bunched and coiled and ready to flee as he frantically tried to assess the situation.

A woman he did not recognize lay sprawled in the streets, appearing to have tripped only paces behind him. It was strange, Erd realized then, that he had not heard her while making his way through the streets, but then again he hadn’t exactly been paying attention. Concern was quick to replace the anxiousness rising in his breast, and before the words of distress even escaped her lips, he was taking a step forward. Wide turquoise eyes examined her momentarily from afar, and clearly she was in pain. It was only her call that drew him closer, nimble legs carrying him across dirt and stone.

“Oh, no,” he breathed out as he crossed the sparse distance between them with a clatter of tiny hooves, taking in her features of red, dappled flesh and strands of luxurious cream that hung about her dainty, feminine neck, framing her rather pretty face and multi-colored eyes. Almost frantically his wide eyes scanned her features, roaming downward, searching for any immediate bruising or hot swelling if it was as bad as she made it appear. “Don’t move, don’t move! You don’t want to make it worse.”

He had always been a bit of a bleeding heart. Ard had always exhibited caution, never one to so readily and openly trust others, but Erd, well… He knew what it was like, being thrust somewhere, in pain, and not finding any help when he had needed it most. The memories of their lives in Luminous flashed in his mind for only a moment before he forcibly shoved them from his mind’s eye, focusing instead on the injured woman in front of him.

She was a stranger, that much was obvious. Erd didn’t recognize her, and he liked to think that he was pretty familiar with the inhabitants of Terrastella by now. Maybe she was new? What a terrible welcome!

Tearing his eyes away from the injured mare, he glanced about, hoping that someone else would have heard her cries and come searching. They were a court of healers, but the amount of them was rather poor and abysmal. Atreus was nowhere around. Erd hadn’t seen him in quite a few days, but surely the Champion of Healing would know how to help. Looking back down towards her and catching her two-toned gaze once more, he bit his lip, his expression clearly torn. Ard was still too far that he couldn’t shout to get his brother’s attention. He was on his own.

“I’m sorry, there’s not much I can do. What crummy luck for you, huh? I’m sorry. Do you think you can put any weight on it? Maybe I can help you to Atreus. I bet he knows of a good salve for the pain.” Earnest, heartfelt, and innocent, Erd offered his assistance in the only way he knew how.

"Speaking."
art | bg

@Manon

Messages In This Thread
a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-10-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-10-2019, 09:55 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-10-2019, 10:37 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-11-2019, 12:11 AM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-12-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-18-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 05-06-2019, 03:57 AM