Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a silent, faulty feeling

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 45 — Threads: 5
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Heart beating fast like a quick little S.O.S.
Tell me you heard it and you can come handle this

Erd really didn’t know what to expect, but upon hearing Moira’s name, any previous transgressions or uncertainties he had about this red-clad woman simply melted away. Oh. So, if she was a friend of Moira’s, then it would only be right to help her. The idea of Moira worrying about one of her own court caused the young warlock’s heart to churn in his chest and a thoughtful frown to mar his lips, his brows furrowing in a perturbed sort of way. “Oh.” The vocalization of his thought was softly uttered and easily carried away on the breeze, but the boy’s turquoise eyes remained rooted forward and focused on the task at hand.

Doing his best to help her from the precarious cliffs and down to the sandy shores, Erd could see a boat in the distance, pushed up onto the beach just enough so that it would not float away. He thought again what terrible luck the flaxen haired woman must have to come to Terrastella only to have injured herself, and realized how very sat it made him. If only he could have healed her, but alas. His magic was gone, lost and possibly never to be seen again, just as Ard’s was.

A small ear flicked in her direction and Erd grinned sheepishly. “Oh, yeah. Moira and I are really close. She’s a good friend of mine..” In all honesty, they weren’t that close, but after their somewhat bumpy meeting and the brief bit of tension that followed it, they had gotten along swimmingly. Moira was sweet, charismatic, and passionate, and Erd had quickly grown smitten with her. Ard had as well, but his brother wasn’t so inclined to openly admit it. “I hate to think of her worrying about you.”

Reaching the boat, Erd slowed to a stop when she did. A curious look overtook the boy’s pale face and he thought it over. There was a brief moment of trepidation within his chest, a cautious flutter of his heart. She wanted him to go to Denocte with her, meet with Moira, and get a reward for this? “Oh, um… You don’t need to do that.” Erd didn’t want or need a reward, but seeing Moira again would be nice. Perhaps that could be the reward in itself? But then again… If he went, Erd would be leaving Terrastella behind without having told Ard where he was going. His brother would worry and fret and surely imagine the worst, as he was prone to do. The thought of putting him through that much stress made the elder twin feel queasy.

“I don’t know if I can.” For some reason, something told him to keep his lips sealed about his brother. This citizen of the Night Court had seemed nothing but forthright and honest thus far, but perhaps it was the cruelty and abuse he had been subjected to for so long that caused him to not mention the individual that was waiting for him back home. Sucking in a deep breath, Erd mulled it over, shifting his petite hooves within the granules of sand. He bit his lip.

Abandoning her felt wrong and went against every fiber of his being. Plus, if she was a friend of Moira’s…? What would the Emissary think, learning that Erd had just abandoned one of her people? And, he was quick. There was a reason that he and Ard were Messengers for the Halcyon Unit. Flying back to Terrastella from Denocte wouldn’t take too long…

Letting out the breath he had been holding, Erd gave a reluctant nod. He glanced towards the woman’s pretty crimson face. “Okay. I’ll go with you, but I don’t need a reward. Making sure you’re alright is reward enough.” And he smiled, warm and sincere.

"Speaking."
art | bg

@Manon - Sorry for the wait! Feel free to do whatever needed for them to head off to the market!

Messages In This Thread
a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-10-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-10-2019, 09:55 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-10-2019, 10:37 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-11-2019, 12:11 AM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-12-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-18-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 05-06-2019, 03:57 AM