Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - >> waiting to be found <<

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inkheart

Inkheart
JUST LIKE FIRE, BURNING OUT THE WAY
IF I CAN LIGHT THE WORLD UP FOR
JUST ONE DAY WATCH THIS MADNESS
COLORFUL CHARADE NO ONE CAN
BE JUST LIKE ME ANYWAY

She's wandering on ahead, edging cautiously forward for fear of discovering something.. treacherous. She's more courageous than some, but that does not make her fearless. No, a little bit of fear goes a long way toward extending one's lifespan. Her gold hoof steps upon a wayward twig and she flinches as the twig snaps. Curse you for being so spineless! Practically cowering, you are... She silently berates herself and draws her bodice up higher, extending her form instead of shrinking it. Only moments later, there is more than the snap of a twig. The inked mare stops in her tracks, feathers twitching only just barely, and she turns her crown over her shoulder to gaze at a silvery female, unburdened by horns or wings. The overall aura from the gray tells her of youth, but that was just a feeling - Inkheart has no way to know that they are actually quite close in age. Her gold orbs narrow at first, staring hard at the girl who asks if Inkheart is LOST.

Her first instinct is to let out a sharp, biting retort. But the question deserves a more nuanced answer. Of course she is lost - does anyone really know their way in a labyrinth? Unless they have a map and somehow can identify where they are at any given time. But is she lost in the sense of needing guidance? That necessitates an entirely different answer, for she needs no guidance. She knows she is going to find out the mystery of the maze, and unlock its riddles, its secrets. For there is some GREAT secret hidden here, or there would not be an equine-sized labyrinth to navigate. Finally, after pondering her response for a moment, she turns around to face the lass. "I am not lost, but I take it you are." It wasn't a question.

Inkheart stepped forward, examining the slightly smaller female. A blue feather is tucked into her dark locks, a silver chain around her neck. Pretty decorations that remind Inkheart of her own trinkets. Do they have any meaning, though? Her rich vocals erupt again. "What is your name?" She tilts her head, nares flaring in slight flair of superiority. "I suppose you'll want guidance?" Oh, guidance she could give. She's very, very good at that.

WC: 381
Tag: @Coraline

Messages In This Thread
>> waiting to be found << - by Inkheart - 07-04-2017, 07:07 PM
RE: >> waiting to be found << - by Coraline - 07-13-2017, 04:18 PM
RE: >> waiting to be found << - by Inkheart - 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: >> waiting to be found << - by Coraline - 07-13-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: >> waiting to be found << - by Inkheart - 07-14-2017, 08:07 PM
RE: >> waiting to be found << - by Coraline - 07-16-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: >> waiting to be found << - by Inkheart - 07-17-2017, 06:02 PM