Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - waiting for sundown

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

No man was ever wise by chance.
In the end, he truly did not need to wait out in the cold for long. The messenger had been beyond punctual in delivering news of his arrival, and soon enough, Somnus’ verdant eyes stopped on the figure that emerged from the court spire.

They had never truly known each other well, he and Asterion, but the dunalino desperately wanted to amend that. The man he saw now, emerging into the cold sunlight of an early winter’s day, seemed different than the man he had traded words with over ink and parchment. Asterion seemed far more bold, the rich bay of his body moving with an easy grace, a confident cadence. Somnus wondered if the man had finally come into himself as a king, as he himself had with the assistance of so many others.

It always took time.

The distance between them lessened, and it was Asterion to speak first, to break the silence that collected like snowfall around them. There was a seriousness to the bay’s face and features, a somber look in those earthen, mahogany eyes. When he nodded, Somnus did the same, dipping his muzzle forward and closing his eyes. Soft, respectful, always minding his manners.

“King Asterion,” he greeted formally in return, his eyes glittering in relief and gratefulness, of warmth and kindness. “Ah, yes. Thank you. I would quite enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble. I loathe to arrive a burden.” The dunalino’s smile grew, his dark lips turning up at the edges, but as Asterion turned to lead the way back into the citadel and out of the cold, he followed without question.

Once they were inside, a golden ear turned to focus, his brows arching. “I know my arrival is a bit sudden. Apologies, I hope I haven’t interrupted your daily duties.” There was a momentary pause, a quick glance to see if any form of ire or irritation spread upon the bay’s handsome visage. Breathing in deep and chasing away the unease, the lingering anxieties of you’ll never be good enough Somnus, you pretender, the Dawn King continued. ”First, I came to thank you. My son, Regis. His health is improving, and his body is growing stronger with every day that passes. Without your assistance Asterion, without the group you sent to Delumine, I do not think he would have lasted into the winter. I owe you a debt that I can never repay, and I will never forget that.”

Somnus frowned, but only momentarily, thinking back to the somewhat rocky, unsteady greeting between the visiting party from Terrastella and his own visceral, dangerous reaction at seeing his older brother at the helm. “I must also apologize for my behavior upon receiving them. I believe that I acted uncouth towards your Champion of Healing… Atreus. He is my older brother, and our relations are not the best, but… I owe him a great service as well, as his knowledge and wit helped save the life of my dearest son.” Verdant eyes turned and focused upon Asterion, meeting his warm, honeyed gaze.

"So, my friend... Thank you. From this moment on, if there is anything that you need, you need only ask."

tag: @Asterion

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
waiting for sundown - by Somnus - 04-17-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: waiting for sundown - by Asterion - 04-19-2019, 10:29 AM
RE: waiting for sundown - by Somnus - 04-22-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: waiting for sundown - by Asterion - 04-28-2019, 12:53 PM