Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Head First and No Regrets

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

look at the stars
look how they shine for you
Milo was the first to take notice of their newfound company. Stopping in his tracks from where he padded alongside the winding river, the fox looked on suspiciously at the speckled mare before realizing she was no stranger. Catching the shift in his companion’s behavior, Regis, too, came to a halt to inspect the woman with a bit of a start, having not realized her presence. For as often as his parents warned him otherwise, Regis wasn’t particularly susceptible to distrust, and he was just as slow to hand out his annoyance and anger. So, where others might have taken offense to the woman’s words, Regis met her gaze with an easy smile.

“Good morning, Llewelyn,” he greeted first and foremost, before falling back on the matter of her question. “I mean… I guess you do have a point, but momma and papa don’t want me straying too far from the citadel by myself yet. Not with everything that’s been going on.” The murders from a few months back, the conflict between neighboring courts and lingering possibility it could migrate to Delumine… not to mention that it was still unjustly cold outside. He gave a shrug of slender shoulders, his smile growing a bit wider. “That’s okay, though. Just being outside is nice enough for now.” A luxury he couldn’t have afforded at this time last year.

Although he had seen her around and conversed with her before, Regis didn’t know Llewelyn very well. He knew her name and position within the Kingdom, and understood her to be an opinionated individual unafraid of letting her thoughts be known. The characteristic was one Regis himself lacked, and as such he found the mare to be intriguing. Maybe today he would have the chance to pick her brain and find out more about where she had come from, what her favorite things about the court were and--….

Quite abruptly the Prince’s train of thought was derailed by the low growl from beside him. Puzzled, he looked down to Milo, who was looking intently toward the tree line on the other side of the river. Squinting his dual-toned eyes, Regis strained to find anything out of place, but failed to see anything other than snow-laden pines and the remnants of other dead trees, destroyed by the fires that had ravaged the land almost a year prior. “Milo,” he asked aloud, his face scrunching with concern, “What is it?”

The said fox growled lowly once more, the hair along the ridge of his back slowly beginning to stand on end. ’Something’s out there. Something big.’

Regis swallowed thickly past the lump that suddenly grew in his throat, and unwilling to pry his eyes from the spot where Milo looked, the Prince took a few steps backward closer to Llewelyn. “He said th-that… something else is out there.” He drew a deep breath and risked a glance toward the scholar. “Maybe we should go b-back to the citadel.”

"Speaking."

@Llewelyn @ yikes not my best but I'm excited to see what happens!
credits

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Messages In This Thread
Head First and No Regrets - by Regis - 04-22-2019, 03:22 AM
RE: Head First and No Regrets - by Llewelyn - 05-07-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Head First and No Regrets - by Random Events - 05-10-2019, 10:19 PM
RE: Head First and No Regrets - by Regis - 05-13-2019, 02:41 AM
RE: Head First and No Regrets - by Llewelyn - 05-27-2019, 07:35 PM