Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - neither straight nor narrow

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Elif

little pilgrim
the Indian's axed your scalp.

She has lost count of the number of times today she has been surprised, and the number of times Mateo has done the surprising. Surely she’s never had a day at all with so many worlds shifting and opening before her, making the world larger and larger yet, filling her head with questions that were itchy and uncomfortable, but not unwelcome.

That he prays to all the gods is only the latest (she hopes it will not be the last, even as their time draws to a close, and the darkness and the cold make them no more than any other wild forest-creature who knows it’s time to go home). In answer she only shakes her head, bemused, and her green eyes shift to his; it takes her a moment to realize his next question doesn’t relate to the first.

“I wouldn’t call it odd,” she says, uncharacteristically soft - but Elif does not say what she might call it, instead. She isn’t sure she has the words, or that they wouldn’t be insignificant up here, less meaningful than her silence.

It might have made her feel not herself, sitting too long with these strange thoughts in her head, on a day that altogether fell far outside her usual. Luckily, before she can begin to doubt, they are young again, and his voice is loud with enthusiasm, and she is grinning and ducking her head to itch against the inside of her foreleg and wondering just what it might be like. even the library sounds like a dream, and she is not a girl overfond of libraries.

Elif remembers then that Aion is from the Dawn Court, too - and this solidifies her decision to go.

“I’m not sure that I can take your word for all that,” she says, and there’s a laugh in her voice but it is not at all unkind. “It sounds more outlandish than the pool we saw earlier. And so that settles it, I shall have to visit.” And how eager she is already; this, too, is a surprise, one that feels like warmth.

When he lifts his wings she does the same, and a few heartbeats later they are gone, the wind in their teeth and their feathers, and the sound of her laughter echoes in the cathedral air.

@Mateo <3 likewise
elif

Messages In This Thread
neither straight nor narrow - by Mateo - 04-26-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: neither straight nor narrow - by Elif - 05-11-2019, 08:19 AM
RE: neither straight nor narrow - by Mateo - 05-26-2019, 05:01 PM
RE: neither straight nor narrow - by Elif - 06-01-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: neither straight nor narrow - by Mateo - 06-24-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: neither straight nor narrow - by Elif - 07-21-2019, 12:47 PM
RE: neither straight nor narrow - by Mateo - 08-07-2019, 07:52 PM
RE: neither straight nor narrow - by Elif - 08-18-2019, 07:35 PM