Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- come on mess me up -

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

The Shaman Has Appeared!

The serpent’s tongue slithers from its mouth, bright red against its otherwise dark form. It seems to smile, and then it moves. It mirrors the swaying of your body, scales mesmorizing in the dim evening light. Time seems irrelevant; it may have been seconds or hours, for a drowsiness has filled the section of the maze you stand in, threatening to consume you. Just when you think you can take it no longer the serpent collapses, length coiling in upon itself in slumber, leaving you free to cross its path.

The mist from before fills the corridor once more, and the Shaman walks back into view. His steps are unhurried as he closes the gap between you both, his smile glinting at you in the dim.

“So, you’ve made it to the center of the maze,” he says in his lilting voice, coming to a stop several lengths from you. “You've defended yourself from my pets. All you have left is to answer my riddle. Get it right, and what once was lost may again be found—get it wrong, and I will leave you here to face the Maze once again, without my guidance.

Answer me this:

“This thing repeats, no man ever yet did see,
it never was but is always to be.
From Orien’s first breath to Caligo’s great dark,
Birthed from nothing and returning thenceforth.
It leaves behind a single sign:
the passing of the sun across the sky.”

@Reichenbach

You may write your character interacting with the Shaman, but please pm your response to the Random Events account! Title the pm as “RIDDLE—Character Name.” You have until Sunday, August 6th to get your answer pm sent! Your IC may be made during that time or after the winner is selected. If multiple correct answers are received, a dice roll may be used to decide who the winner is.

Happy writing!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
come on mess me up - - by Reichenbach - 07-04-2017, 10:20 PM
RE: come on mess me up - - by Random Events - 07-09-2017, 02:16 PM
RE: come on mess me up - - by Reichenbach - 07-10-2017, 08:50 PM
RE: come on mess me up - - by Random Events - 07-20-2017, 02:41 PM
RE: come on mess me up - - by Reichenbach - 07-20-2017, 10:53 PM
RE: come on mess me up - - by Random Events - 08-03-2017, 07:18 PM