Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Misty nights, Misty Eyes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

IPOMOEA
i was forced to wander

The snow was beginning to fall when he reached the forest, small, soft white flakes drifting from the sky. There was the promise of a storm on the wind, as if Delumine was determined to erase his footsteps from its meadows as he left. It made his heart feel strangely heavy, its beat slow and mournful in his chest.

Odet drifted ahead of him on blue wings, his path weaving back and forth between trees. For once his bonded was silent; there were no words of critique nor caution. He wasn’t even quietly brooding in disappointment. Only a quiet contentment drifted through their bond, and Ipomoea got the sense that the songbird was even proud of him. At least I have you, his thoughts whispered to the bird. I don’t know what I’d do otherwise.

Flower petals were floating in the wind behind him, a constant trail wherever he went. Soon enough they, too, would be overturned by snow, or scattered by the wind, or rot away to dust. But they were strangely vibrant on the forest path, as if they were the only bright thing left in the world. It was too bad he was walking away from them, that they were left in his wake instead of appearing before him.

He could hear the river bubbling in the distance, turning towards it by instinct. It was getting dark out he knew, but he wouldn’t use that as an excuse to turn back or stop. He had places to be.

But when the river came into view, so too did a large black stallion, with wings of obsidian and metallic gold horns. His own wings, so small and fragile in comparison, fluttered self-consciously at his ankles.  But the stranger didn’t look particularly aggressive - not yet, of course his mind cautioned.

“Oh, hello,” he said softly, coming to an abrupt stop. He hadn’t expected to see anyone so far from the Court - the forest had been eerily quiet for weeks now, since the fires, and the murders…

“Are you lost? The Court is quite a ways off….”

@themistocles !
”here am I!”

meverrnind | rhiaan

Messages In This Thread
Misty nights, Misty Eyes - by Themistocles - 04-29-2019, 12:33 AM
RE: Misty nights, Misty Eyes - by Ipomoea - 04-29-2019, 03:29 AM