Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - she was waiting for a sword

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

look at the stars
look how they shine for you
There was a subtle inclination of his head as he looked on with curious eyes of blue and green, tulip ears attentive as he listened. It was clear by the annunciation of her words that she wasn’t from around here, but if that were the case, then where was she from? The way she articulated her words was foreign to his young ears, but he understood her just as well as anyone else. Her tone itself was gentle and offered no threat to him, and Regis stood comfortably before this stranger who dubbed herself Maerys – a name he tried out a few times in his head before daring to attempt saying it out loud.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Maerys,” he responded politely, his smile unwavering. “My mother, Eulalie, is a soldier here as well. Maybe you’ll get to meet her soon, if you haven’t already.” Regis still found it difficult to imagine his mother as such; she was fierce when necessary and a passionate individual, willing to do anything and everything for her people, and he admired her a great deal. To picture her out on a battlefield, inflicting harm on somebody else, however? It seemed impossible, and the thought was one he quickly abolished from his mind.

Maerys’ question didn’t stir an ounce of irritation within the yearling’s breast. He was unlike many children his age, he’d been told, never resenting the requests nor rules put forth by his parents or really anyone for that matter. This was no different. “I’m never alone when I’ve got Milo with me,” he began with a vague motion toward his russet companion, who continued to look on at the stranger with cautious eyes of blue. “But, we weren’t going to go far – just over there where that hill is, to try and practice my flying a little.” The colt looked briefly to the side, and if he were capable, he’d likely be red from embarrassment. “I’m, uh… I’m not very good at it yet.”

As for what he was doing up at such an hour, though? “I’m usually awake by now anyway, for my lessons. But I don’t have any today, and once I’m done, I wanted to spend the rest of the day with my sister.” Regis paused then, wondering if he was going off on a bit of a tangent. Surely Maerys didn’t care for that much insight as to what his plans were. He cleared his throat, then quickly went on. “If you need help with anything, though, I don’t mind putting it off for a little bit. I’d be happy to.”

"Speaking."

@Maerys
credits

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Messages In This Thread
she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 04-29-2019, 02:24 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 04-29-2019, 03:02 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 04-29-2019, 03:23 PM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 05-05-2019, 02:38 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 05-20-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 07-01-2019, 03:55 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 07-28-2019, 11:38 PM