Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - she was waiting for a sword

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 6
Signos: 530
Inactive Character

look at the stars
look how they shine for you
Looking upon her now, Regis wouldn’t be able to fathom the images of blood and merciless slaughter which clouded Maerys’ vision as she mulled over his otherwise simple question. The worst that the boy had seen thus far was the great fire that had ravaged Delumine, and though he had begun to delve into epic tales which detailed great, bloody battles, the yearling struggled to really paint the image of such a scene in his head. Hatred was a difficult concept, a feeling he had yet to truly experience. He had never been wronged, never been dealt a lie or suffered heartbreak, and perhaps that was why he wore a permanent smile.

At her offer, then gesture toward her barren sides which lacked wings unlike his own, however, the Prince frowned as his eyes were taken over by abrupt worry. “Oh, I’m sorry,” he was quick to say, lowering his head and tilting his tulip-shaped ears backward in a way that showed his regret. “I didn’t mean it that way, Miss Maerys.” He attempted to lighten the mood, even if he was wrong in believing he had brought it down at all. “But… wings or not, sometimes it’s useful to have someone there to make sure I’m not sloppy.”

Regis breathed deep when their conversation progressed, maintaining a proper and well-balanced that he had modeled after his own father – square but relaxed, head held proudly but not in a way that deemed him better than anyone else. He was, after all, a servant to this land and her people, no matter his feeble age. When Maerys voiced her suggested his smile grew, dual-toned eyes glowing with mirth as he nodded his head. “It would be my honor to show you around the citadel. I’ll show you the most important places first – like the dining hall, the training grounds, some of the watch towers… and a few of the empty rooms that you can pick out for yourself.”

With that same easy smile the boy turned, motioning with an inclination of his head for the other dun to follow. As they walked in unison to their first destination, Regis cast her a look of burning curiosity, hesitating for a moment as he formulated the question prior to speaking it. “May I ask where you’re from, Maerys?”

@Maerys So sorry for the wait my dear <3 My muse is slowly returning!

"Speaking."
credits

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, WHAT WILL YOU FALL FOR?

all contact and force is allowed at any time, sans godmodding and powerplay

Messages In This Thread
she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 04-29-2019, 02:24 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 04-29-2019, 03:02 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 04-29-2019, 03:23 PM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 05-05-2019, 02:38 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 05-20-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Regis - 07-01-2019, 03:55 AM
RE: she was waiting for a sword - by Maerys - 07-28-2019, 11:38 PM