Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - the story of a god -

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

Antiope
won’t you teach me teach me how to see?
tell me you love me, am I Lilith or am I Eve?

What is nothing?

What is darkness, and silence, when it is all you know?

How can you know something, when you haven’t been created yet?

~~~

Somehow, though she isn’t sure how, she knows that she is not alone. She cannot see, cannot hear; there is nothing and nobody in this in immeasurable, unfathomable darkness, and yet she is somehow not alone.

It’s a feeling, although she’s not quite sure how she can feel anything at all.

One day, there was nothing.

And then one day, there was her. Somehow, strangely. Wonderfully, her.

And all around her there is nothing and nobody but beyond that is a feeling, a sense, that there are others. A feeling that she is not alone, that she is cared for and loved and wanted. How? How does she know that?

~~~

The first sign that something is changing are the flashes. The colors are bright, bright, bright (how does she know what colors are?), and they come and go in quick bursts. She feels… she feels.

Hunger, so sharp and keen that she ached with it.

Magic, so strange and pulsing as it flooded every cell.

Power, so inky and black she all but breathed it.

Life, so boundless and strong that she might never quit.

One moment, there is only darkness and nothing, and a distant feeling of something, someone else, somewhere out there. And then, there is light so bright she is squinting against it, and her hooves are touching the ground and the wind is pulling on the strands of her hair.

She turns her head, eyes as blue as the sky and the sea, and looks at the gods around her and knows, somehow, that they are the ones who were there all along. In each of their chests they boast a gem the same color as the lights she had seen in the darkness and she knows, too, that they are her creators.

“What am I?” she asks, and she feels like a lioness but looks like a tigress who is still partially encased in marble. As she looks around her, she realizes there is no evidence of the statue she once was, nor how she can possible know that that is what she was.

“You are ours,” the gods say, in unison. “You are more powerful than the strongest of beasts, faster than the swiftest wind, deadlier than the stormiest sea,” they say, one by one, as the gems in their chests gleam, “you were made to end a terrible war.”

“You will go to the south, to the east.”

“To a jungle.”

“You will know what to do.”

“Hurry, your sisters are waiting for you.”

She steps forward, and the sun is bright upon and brown and white of her skin as it slants through the white marble columns all around. Outside, the ocean sings. She stops, at the threshold of the stairs that will take her down and away, and looks back one last time, “And who am I?”

“You are Antiope.”

"Speaking."
credits

@

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Messages In This Thread
the story of a god - - by Random Events - 05-04-2019, 09:29 PM
RE: the story of a god - - by Antiope - 09-14-2019, 01:54 PM