Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - loneliness, who comes at night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Grey

i raised myself, my legs were weak
i prayed my mind be good to me

T
he laughter stopped, and there was silence for a short time. Until the golden man stepped into the room. From the corner of his eye, Grey saw nothing but the firelight reflecting warmly off his brilliant coat and his breath stopped short in his chest. So bright and gleaming, so like Zephyr.

Of course, when the unicorn turned to look at his newfound companion it was not his brother standing there but a stranger. Wingless and unfamiliar. Grey’s disappointment was tempered only by the chill of his skin, reminding him that last he had seen his brother they had argued and that his gut still twisted like a knife when he thought of his twin.

The stranger spoke and stepped closer, standing alongside Grey as his eyes shifted back to the books momentarily. “I hadn’t realized I wasn’t alone,” he said. A lie, but there was nothing in the empty white of his eyes nor the way he stepped a short distance away to allow room for this man that gave it away.

Grey glanced back at the golden stallion, just in time to see his eyes lingering on the crystals clinging to his skin, no doubt glimmering in the soft light of the torches. “It must be important,” he said idly, but there was an old soldier inside the unicorn still curious. Still suspicious. “What you’re looking for, that is, if you’ve come out in this mess to look for it.”

Grey referred to the dismal conditions outside, his too-white eyes back to browsing the books before him. There were histores and names etched on the spines, none that he recognized, but he was interested to see which the man at his side would collect for himself. He stood by his remark, even if it was intended as empty chatter.

@Toulouse | "speaks" | notes: so late rip
rallidae | footybandit

Messages In This Thread
loneliness, who comes at night - by Grey - 05-16-2019, 07:41 AM
RE: loneliness, who comes at night - by Toulouse - 05-29-2019, 12:43 PM
RE: loneliness, who comes at night - by Grey - 06-30-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: loneliness, who comes at night - by Toulouse - 07-13-2019, 08:53 PM
RE: loneliness, who comes at night - by Grey - 08-09-2019, 09:02 AM