Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the taste of laurel and sable

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lasairian

is this a natural feeling or is it just me bleeding?
Lasairian did not think that they were being followed or stalked by anything that others might consider a monster, but it was always possible that they were. How would he know for sure when he was distracted by conversation and Maerys, not keeping an eye on the forest around them or listening intently beyond their words? No, Lasairian could not feel sure that there were any creatures following or not, but he wasn't going to be worried about that now. No reason to live in fear of those things if they hadn't yet happened, after all.

Plus, there were two of them to face anything that came, and Maerys already said she was warrior oriented in rank. That was a plus for their side, wasn't it? Lasairian liked to think so, but he also had some understanding of how such creatures might attack and fight. Not that he was in a position or body to do much about the fighting back part, but he could probably keep out of the way long enough to figure it out. Or that was what he was hoping right now, anyway. That might be a bit too bold, a bit too confident, but there was always running the last however length it was from here to the library to seek shelter there if need be.

Most creatures did have some reasonable explanation for hunting and taking down prey, so Lasairian couldn't just write them off as monsters for that. They had a nature to work with, and if that was the carnivorous kind, then it was hardly their fault for being made that way. Some were simply living their lives the best that they could, and Lasairian respected that. He wasn't going to make for an easy meal if they came after him, but he wasn't going to hold a grudge over it. Not unless they were of a mindset to be terribly nasty about their attempts, and without any honor. That made a difference.

Maerys was asking if he was afraid or not on the matter, and Lasairian did take a moment to think about the question. To really ponder it over as he listened to her continue on how she saw it. Lasairian figured that if he had been born in a herbivore body such as this, then yes he would indeed be more afraid. If he didn't know of such beasts that seemed fantastical, then yes he would feel fear of them being around. But he did know of those types. He had lived with them, been something like them once, and had even loved one of them from a distance.

He had watched them fight and learned about all those things. Had adored and looked up to one the size of an over-grown bear, with the shape of a fox and decked out in feathers. These were not unusual things to Lasairian. So he looks at Maerys and smiles gently, "I am not innately afraid of the idea of them, no. I should be, being what I am now, how weak this form is, but I used to thrive among such creatures without a fear of dying.
It's no longer a healthy perspective, considering that death is quite possible with the things in this forest, but I think I would have to be faced with it to be afraid,"
he confesses lightly, wondering what she might think of those words.
tag — @Maerys
template by cas • equine lines by AriesRedLo • border image from hashtag-bg.com

Messages In This Thread
the taste of laurel and sable - by Maerys - 05-23-2019, 01:12 AM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 02:26 PM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Maerys - 05-25-2019, 06:07 PM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Lasairian - 05-26-2019, 04:42 PM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Maerys - 05-28-2019, 05:29 PM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Lasairian - 05-29-2019, 06:40 AM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Maerys - 05-29-2019, 06:32 PM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Lasairian - 05-29-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: the taste of laurel and sable - by Maerys - 06-02-2019, 02:08 PM