Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Entering Dawn

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Toulouse

home is behind the world ahead
there are many paths to tread

Toulouse listened with interest as the stranger spoke, his gaze roving nearly continuously from the gold of his eyes to the steam rising around his hoofprints. His ears twitched, leaning subconsciously into each word he said. A smile curved his lips upwards.

Interesting indeed.

For a moment he let himself imagine what it would be like to have such a power, to light the ground beneath his hooves with nothing more than a thought. The other stallion seemed weary of it, overtly cautious - Toulouse would have no such inhibitions.

He would set fire to the world and everyone in it without so much as a hint of regret. And then with Novus burning behind him, he and his brother could set sail to a new world, and he would burn that one, too.

The wolf inside of him snarled with delight, howling with the imaginary scent of blood and smoke. But he only smiled, although his teeth glinted snow-white between his lips, and nodded his head pleasantly enough. One day. One day his restraint would vanish like a frayed rope, and all that would remain would be fury. But that day was not today.

“True enough,” he said, bobbing his head amicably, hiding the way his eyes glinted with savage delight. “Although it isn’t always like this. Soon enough it will be spring.” And then summer, and dry grass, and heat. And fields of flowers would shrivel up like so much kindling in his path.

He continued to walk alongside him, and the cold of the snow soon had numbed his ankles. He quickened his step - the Court wasn’t far now, and with it the warmth and shelter of the indoors. He looked at his traveling companion from the side of one eye, again envious of the way the cold never touched his hooves. “I hear they accept everyone,” he said smoothly. “They accepted me, even when I knew them not. No one here has to be a nobody if they don’t wish to be.” It was far more optimistic a statement he normally would have made, but he let it slide. This time.

@Sol Bestiam
i guess he loves fire

Messages In This Thread
Entering Dawn - by Sol Bestiam - 05-24-2019, 12:18 PM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Toulouse - 05-29-2019, 10:27 AM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Sol Bestiam - 05-29-2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Toulouse - 07-13-2019, 08:30 PM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Sol Bestiam - 08-01-2019, 11:59 AM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Toulouse - 09-04-2019, 01:58 PM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Sol Bestiam - 09-25-2019, 11:33 AM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Toulouse - 12-09-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: Entering Dawn - by Sol Bestiam - 12-18-2019, 06:17 PM