Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- it came from the deep

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Anemone

like the holding of hands
like the breaking of glass

L
ately, Anemone had begun to think that some god was playing a trick on her. Oriens, maybe, to test her devotion. Solis, maybe, mistaking her for one of his children. But she had persevered. She had fallen into their traps again and again. Thinking next time, next time, I'll meet the gods. Next time, I'll see the dolphins. Next time, I'll be there to protect them. But each time, she is late just an hour, late from exploring the forests just before her parents investigated the murders. Always late.

This time though, the Gods must have smiled on her.

She vaguely heard Valefor approach. Vaguely heard him whisper: I'm not sure it's an egg, before she touched her rosy lips to it's soft shell. It felt like velvet, briefly, before she felt the tap, tap of something beneath it's surface. She retreated her touch,  exclaiming with a gasp "I knew it was an egg!" The pearl quivered at her touch, trembling like a newborn shifting for freedom. She marveled at it, expecting a glorious creature to stick a foot through.

Finally, she might get a bonded. A friend, someone to finally go on adventures with. Like Reggie and Felix, or her father and Alba, or her mother and Tabbris. She, without someone to share her private moments with, felt alone.

But to her disappointment, what was sitting in the aftermath was not a companion, but a ghost. A small wisp of air that hovered above the remains, peering at both Anemone and Valefor with hollow eyes before fleeing into the foliage of the forest. What it left in its wake was a black pearl.

Blinking, she stutters after the spectre's retreat: "T-thank you!" before grasping the pearl firmly with her telekinesis. As she closes it in her grasp, the color of it shifts: from black to a cool white. She looks up to the other stallion, breaking the silence with a casual; "well that was weird."

@ @'Valefor' | "speaks" | notes:
rallidae | art

Messages In This Thread
it came from the deep - by Random Events - 06-03-2019, 03:29 PM
RE: it came from the deep - by Anemone - 06-03-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: it came from the deep - by Valefor - 06-03-2019, 04:03 PM
RE: it came from the deep - by Random Events - 06-03-2019, 04:39 PM
RE: it came from the deep - by Anemone - 06-05-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: it came from the deep - by Valefor - 07-16-2019, 05:30 PM