Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- and they've been changing the sound of my name;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 309 — Threads: 165
Signos: 989,640
Official Novus Account

A Random Event Has Occurred!

Brightly colors birds are not the only things waiting in the thick, humid jungle. But they are perhaps the loudest, louder even than the sea against the too bright sand.

Deep in the jungle the doe waits. She's pale brown, lighter even than the sand on the beach that seems so far away. A crown of stone rings her head where antlers made of bone should be. She wears the pale amethysts, and sapphires deeper than the ocean, upon her head like each tine of precious stone was made of air. Each of her steps seems lighter than it should and a closer inspection will show that she leaves no marks on the sandy jungle floor.

Stranger still is the look in her eyes. It's a promise, a warning, a whisper than her antlers make not a crown but a map. The golden light in her eyes is a small sun that's pretending to be a moon. Each leafy frond that it falls across starts to smoke.

She pauses, the doe with her wealthy crown, when Asterion crosses her path. Her delicate nose flares once, almost violently (like a lion instead of a lamb). Those bright, hot eyes blink, blink, blink. She inhales---

and then she's gone, nothing more than a pale ghost who leaves behind only a quivering trail of smoking fronds.

@Asterion will find more than just the birds waiting for him in the jungle. The doe pauses as she crosses his path. Although perhaps he has stumbled upon hers. It was her jungle first, before the bridge and before the volcano. Maybe it belonged to her even before there were horses in this world.

She inhales once, and then she flees.

He has been awarded +100 signos for encountering a Random Event! How you reply is up to you; feel free to NPC the doe. Anyone else who joins is welcome to respond to the doe as well. It is totally up to you how you reply.

Enjoy!

To tag this account: @*'Random Events' without the asterisk.
Please be advised, tagging the Random Event account does not guarantee a response!

Messages In This Thread
and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Asterion - 06-04-2019, 04:11 PM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Random Events - 06-16-2019, 07:50 PM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Ipomoea - 06-23-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Asterion - 07-02-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Ipomoea - 07-03-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Asterion - 07-05-2019, 09:52 PM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Ipomoea - 08-05-2019, 12:16 AM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Asterion - 08-20-2019, 11:44 AM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Ipomoea - 09-10-2019, 03:50 PM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Asterion - 09-29-2019, 10:00 AM
RE: and they've been changing the sound of my name; - by Ipomoea - 10-08-2019, 03:35 PM